Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

Dunbar down to 9. BU down to 10. There's getting in the oppositions faces but just. booting BU players is out of order. Jamie Hamilton red carded for raising his hands after a late and totally unnecessary challenge.

0-1 to Dunbar at halftime. A feisty affair.

Showed a good bit of dig and grit to break down a very defensive set up in the 2nd half. 

Disappointed with Dunbar, they showed some nice touches and the goal was a well worked training ground routine, but utterly ruined the game with needless heavy tackles and general bad sportsmanship  

Hamilton was excellent while he was on, disappointing that he raised his hand and got sent off would have been great to see more of him. 

Big Alassan looked good when he came on, as did the two trialists who came on a bit later.

Excited to see how we do this season in the league

For me that was a better result than the recent 0-8 and 6-0 BU friendly victories.

Dunbar were fired up for the game after their victories v Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire. They snapped into every tackle and got in the BU faces. Ended up 10 v 9 for last 50 mins and as I expected the BU ground them down to win the game late on.

Jamie Hamilton red card the only real spoiler tonight. He is a proper player.

Dan Watt put in a great shift and was my MOTM.

Broxburn will be another tough challenge.

Thought we played well first half hour but started to run out ideas against a good defence and keeper.

The referee should have clamped down on the dunbar tackling or even spoke to captains to calm things down.

Alasson done well and looks like can offer creativity and number 12 looked sharp.

Good to see Tom Grant playing and he had a good first half.

Nice to get the win against an organised team who were up for it

Second half 9 man Dunbar sat back in a 4-4-0 formation to hold on to the lead. It was a tough task but the BU's squeezed over the line. We did miss a number of chances and at times players took the wrong option.

Overall though a good test and a good result.

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

For me that was a better result than the recent 0-8 and 6-0 BU friendly victories.

Dunbar were fired up for the game after their victories v Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire. They snapped into every tackle and got in the BU faces. Ended up 10 v 9 for last 50 mins and as I expected the BU ground them down to win the game late on.

Jamie Hamilton red card the only real spoiler tonight. He is a proper player.

Dan Watt put in a great shift and was my MOTM.

Broxburn will be another tough challenge.

Jamie Hamilton has an awful disciplinary record, he seems to be booked in every game.