Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

BU Twitter active this evening.

BU players first night back at training. They tease us with:- "A few new faces whose names will be released over the forthcoming days".
Going to be 3 times a week. Ian Little the new coach putting the boys through their paces.

19 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

BU Twitter active this evening.

BU players first night back at training. They tease us with:- "A few new faces whose names will be released over the forthcoming days".
Going to be 3 times a week. Ian Little the new coach putting the boys through their paces.

According to the C’beath topic it looks like Jamie Todd could be a “new face”

Edited by boheesian

Extremely disappointed to see big Stuart Hunter away as he’s been an unbelievable servant to the club.

Ian little coming in to replace him does not fill me with confidence when you look at his track record in coaching/management but we’ll see. 

Hopefully hear about all of the new signings in the next week or so as the players begin pre season. 

26 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Hunter away ? Where did you read that ? I thought the new coach was replacing Munn and that Hunter was staying on as assistant coach.

Stuart released a statement on social media to say he was moving on earlier in the week. I thought he done a brilliant job towards the end of the season when Max was away and  I was hoping he would play a big part this season. BU Twitter announced little as assistant which was Stuart’s position I believe 

1 hour ago, NewtonBU said:

Stuart released a statement on social media to say he was moving on earlier in the week. I thought he done a brilliant job towards the end of the season when Max was away and  I was hoping he would play a big part this season. BU Twitter announced little as assistant which was Stuart’s position I believe 

BU twitter only said "new coach"

It was good to catch up with of the old BU players of yesteryears. Some of them looked as though they could still be playing and could have towards the end of the season when we didn’t have any subs.
A few posts starting to comment on the ins/outs for next season and the rumours that go with that. (Most of them will be wrong.)
Bonnyrigg /East Stirling/ Berwick/ ourselves and now Tranent all play the old junior way as opposed to some of the existing LL clubs and any signings should reflect on how we want to play. Last season’s rebuild saw stalwart BU players leave the club too early which knocks the heart out of a team and already Andy Murphy has supposedly gone. Anyone know what Hunters role is, with a new coach coming in.
Let’s wait and see if this transfer window is any better than last seasons effort

Asked a few weeks ago what Hunters role is. Think the answer is that he’s away and another one bites the dust.

Successful Scottish Junior Football Association AGM today.

Biggest thing to go through was the opening of the Scottish Junior Cup to any team tier 5 and below who wish to enter.

It’s about small steps and I don’t expect a major influx from teams straight away but my plan includes an up to £80,000 prize pot with payouts to last 16 possibly 32.

There is no denying that the association has struggled to move forward but hopefully this is the first step moving on.

We’ve said it continuously that we are more than willing to work with other associations at our level if they are.

Another that was in my report to our members is the proposal put forward to the pyramid working group of the SFA, we have proposed a new set up at tier 5 sitting alongside the highland league and lowland league.

We feel the timing is right for such a move and again would be happy working with the others roundabout us.

We aim to fill a 16 team league with licensed clubs from the midlands league, the West of Scotland Football League and the East of Scotland league.

At the top end of it all depends on SPFL clubs changing there format, at the bottom end if the three leagues are in the winners if licensed automatically go up and the bottom three down, the fourth bottom of central league will play in a playoff with all three leagues second placed teams if licensed for the fourth promotion/relegation place.

A proper way for promotion and relegation.

Congratulations also go to Norman McKay, Bobby McNamara, Gordon Ronney and Felix McKenna on gaining life membership of the association, your service to the Scottish Junior FA is greatly appreciated.

Felix McKenna also received an honorary Vice President certificate.

Alex McDowall

Chief Operating Officer 

Scottish Junior FA

According to the SJFA AGM yesterday,tier 5 clubs or lower can enter the junior cup
Just over a week before the Lowland league fixtures come out and the Junior Blazers throw this in the mix.

My view is I don't think the tier 5 teams (HL and LL) should touch this......but I am sure some fans will think otherwise.

........as for the Juniors having a tier 5 league ......DREAM ON.

A tier 5 team made up of the top 8 North and Midland Junior teams would include the likes of Montrose Roselea and Kirriemuir Thistle. On what planet would the East and West tier 6 teams accept such absolute nonsense.

Delusional guff by the Junior blazers.

On 19/06/2022 at 12:10, boness4ever said:

According to the SJFA AGM yesterday,tier 5 clubs or lower can enter the junior cup

The leagues involved need to cooperate on freeing up the Saturday fixture dates though and AFAIA HibeeJibee does the fixtures for both the LL and EoS and definitely wasn't doing that for the seven EoS clubs that entered last season.

13 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The leagues involved need to cooperate on freeing up the Saturday fixture dates though and AFAIA HibeeJibee does the fixtures for both the LL and EoS and definitely wasn't doing that for the seven EoS clubs that entered last season.

Think the LL have Saturday as priority for league game's,not cup tie's