Allan Campbell called up

As much as it can be a bit lazy to say “X plays for club Y and club Y are good therefore X is good”, Campbell has reportedly been the star man for a side that almost reached the premier league, plus we are dealing with two injuries in his position and a 3rd player who is routinely moved out of position to cover the back three. This makes sense and I hope to see him make his debut in the nations league. 

Fair shout General, you called it.

Though to be fair you've touted every Scot in the Championship at one point or another. ;) A broken clock and all that.

I'm off to put a fiver on Elliot Philadelphia getting called up when one of the centre backs gets crocked.

I wish Campbell well should he get on the pitch though, didn't we all agree he has a good beard and we need more of that.

Edited by Scumjob

1 hour ago, Scumjob said:

Though to be fair you've touted every Scot in the Championship at one point or another. ;) A broken clock and all that.

I'm off to put a fiver on Elliot Philadelphia getting called up when one of the centre backs gets crocked.

I wish Campbell well should he get on the pitch though, didn't we all agree he has a good beard and we need more of that.

I don't even rate the championship so that is a total lie,also if said if injuries happen would been only way he would got in even called that to

Oh another thing Kal Naismith joined Bristol City is supposed to be getting £20 000 that probably suprised a few off the experts in here as well

1 hour ago, Scumjob said:

Is “Elliott Philadelphia” the defender Jack Elliott, who plays for Philadelphia Union? 

7 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Is “Elliott Philadelphia” the defender Jack Elliott, who plays for Philadelphia Union? 

Yes but not once did I call him Elliott Phadelphia,spoke about looking at him in a friendly since he won the league and player most off there games cos he is huge and has a lot off pace

Would absolutely love a Scottish team to offer him a gig he should be someone Aberdeen should be looking at and Dundee United for sure

But we are pretty well served at center back for Scotland just now so it won't be happening any time soon or ever

Edited by General dissaray

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Any news on Maxwell Blackpool? @General dissaray

I assume “Maxwell Blackpool” means goalkeeper Chris Maxwell, who plays for Blackpool?

He represented Wales in the youth teams but that was over a decade ago and he doesn’t have a full cap. Also eligible for England but obviously he’s not getting anywhere near their squad. Could be potentially be an option for us when Gordon and Marshall retire? Maybe, but he’s the wrong side of 30 and I see no evidence he’s any better than Clark/Kelly 

29 minutes ago, gannonball said:

This call up definitely deserved it’s own thread because it’s such huge news imo. I mean the haters will say it’s because the OP is an absolute roaster who has lost the run of himself over a late call up, but not me.

Just cos I beat you to the punch,off course its worth a thread its his first cap

Don't comment on it if you don't like it

2 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Just cos I beat you to the punch,off course its worth a thread its his first cap

Don't comment on it if you don't like it

I am happy with his call up, I said he has improved massively since being in the championship in the playoffs thread I think it was a while back. I think might start a thread about it tbh. Make sure everyone knows.

Seen him a few times on Sky this season, and he looks like a bit of a terrier. Seems to get stuck right in and doesn’t stop running. From all accounts the Luton fans absolutely love him, so good to see him in and around the squad. I think there is still more than a few guys who get in ahead of him but his energy could be useful, even against Ukraine. 

Could be a good option to come on late in the game against tired legs, if we are holding on to a lead and need someone to break up counter attacks and start ones of our own. 

Aye, Campbell was great for us being a midfield terrier type, but wasn't sure how he'd do in Championship.
The Luton fans have been wanking themselves into a frenzy over him though and they were very unlucky not to be contesting the Play-Off final today.
The one criticism I guess with us was a lack of goals/assists, but he seems to have improved in that regard also this season.