Divisions for 2022-23

1 minute ago, Sidney Lumet said:

What is the rumour being alluded to? Would I be correct in guessing that Harthill Royal are being touted for a move back to the east after their ill advised move to the WoSFL? Wasn’t there a deadline for EoSFL applicants that has long since passed with, apparently, no new applications - Harthill or otherwise - being lodged ahead of that deadline?

Harthill Royal has been suggested as looking to move back. It's just rumour at this point. However, it's not like the EoSFL haven't accepted late applicants.

If true. It works in their favour that the Third Division is an odd number since it saves a club being idle. Something that Kinnoull benefited from as a late replacement for Eyemouth United in 2019-20.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

First Division Conferences this season didn't do a double relegation. They just went from Tier 7 to Tier 8.

But, in effect, the two clubs to be promoted from Conference X have been raised up to the same level of the pyramid that they were in this season i.e. they avoided demotion The remaining X clubs have all been dropped down a level.

Some think that's completely reasonable and fair as the weakest clubs at Conference 1 level mustn't be protected.

8 minutes ago, Dev said:

But, in effect, the two clubs to be promoted from Conference X have been raised up to the same level of the pyramid that they were in this season i.e. they avoided demotion The remaining X clubs have all been dropped down a level.

Some think that's completely reasonable and fair as the weakest clubs at Conference 1 level mustn't be protected.

Nope. Conference X & Division 4 were placeholder divisions while Tier 7 Conferences settled into tiered divisions nothing more. Neither held status as Tier 8.

The 9 Conference X teams that had a chance at a place in the Second Division this season are in the exact same position next season. 

In effect they were Tier 9 & still Tier 9.

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

Early prediction…

The rankings at http://scotscores.theroonba.com/clubrank/clubrankepr.html and other pages have been updated to show the new linear leagues. Apart from VOL and the Second/Third Division top 2 it's quite tight everywhere, which is to be expected now we finally have tiers 6-9 sorted.

Premier - Linlithgow winners; Mussleburgh, Oakley, VOL relegated. 

First - Dunipace, Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Glenrothes top 3; Burntisland, Coldstream, Rosyth bottom 3.

Second - Whitburn, Syngenta, Heriot-Watt top 3; Ormiston, Peebles, Hawick, Craigroyston bottom 4

Third - Bo'ness and Armadale

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, Dev said:

You sir are one boring basket! It seems you are on a one man crusade to be stupid and you have it down to a tee! Read all the other answers. 

Best place for league format speculation is the West forum now. 

Since only their Premier, First, and Second Divisions have been confirmed. 

Leaving 18 WoS members for a Third Division. Complicated by the 8 Div4 clubs that were never voted in last year with at least 7 other applicants to deal with as well. 

Jeez oh, no amount of you howling at the moon will change the fact that at the start of this season every team knew where they were and every team knew where they would consequently be next season through their finishing positions.

Your one man campaign to see that all ripped up and rehashed because you feel that the rump of West Lothian teams who failed time and time and time again to see that the writing was on the wall for the junior game - despite them being implored to make the move to the EoSFL before they eventually had no option - should be hoisted to a position higher than others you deem unworthy is as tedious as it is fruitless. Beds were made and, to their credit at least on this, the ex-juniors are willing to lie in them. Only you appear unwilling to refrain from beating a dead horse.

As a Whitburn fan,I long campaigned and kicked up the dust about our committee's insistence in staying put.......

I have no complaints,nor am I finger pointing at the EoSFL for where we now are......

Thankfully and most crucially we have made it to the EoSFL 2nd Division at the 1st time of asking.

Hopefully we can get promoted again this time next year into what will be a tougher 1st Division. 

Loving the journey so far and really looking forward to seeing teams that either haven't been to Central Park or not been there for a long time 😎

Also some great away days on the cards next season too  😎

Edited by Dav nan Gael

15 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I get what you're saying, but if they relegate 5 auto, it could rise to 7 depending on what happens above.  Too much.

I suppose they can say 5 down / 3 up if no net gain/loss of clubs to the LL. If there is a net gain of 1, they could go down to just 2 promotion spots, or even a play-off between 3rd placed Div 3 team & 6th bottom Div 2. A net gain of 2 would be very unlikely really, especially as Gretna would be relegated to the SoS and I can't see past them finishing in the bottom 2 of the Lowland League.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

I suppose they can say 5 down / 3 up if no net gain/loss of clubs to the LL. If there is a net gain of 1, they could go down to just 2 promotion spots, or even a play-off between 3rd placed Div 3 team & 6th bottom Div 2. A net gain of 2 would be very unlikely really, especially as Gretna would be relegated to the SoS and I can't see past them finishing in the bottom 2 of the Lowland League.

I dont think its ever right to have flexible promotion spots as teams need to be able to celebrate promotion knowing that theyve gone up or not. The flexibility should always be at the bottom. 

Indeed, I would say 3 up from the bottom division and then if you are worried about relegating too many teams from the Second Division - then set a maximum number (5?) and have an option of remaining at 18 teams if net gains from the LL means it would go above that number.

On 29/05/2022 at 00:18, Ginaro said:

The rankings at http://scotscores.theroonba.com/clubrank/clubrankepr.html and other pages have been updated to show the new linear leagues. Apart from VOL and the Second/Third Division top 2 it's quite tight everywhere, which is to be expected now we finally have tiers 6-9 sorted.

First - Dunipace, Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Glenrothes top 3; Burntisland, Coldstream, Rosyth bottom 3.

Second - Whitburn, Syngenta, Heriot-Watt top 3; Ormiston, Peebles, Hawick, Craigroyston bottom 4

Rosyth are listed twice.

On 28/05/2022 at 23:18, Ginaro said:

As far as the prem is concerned a couple of groups of teams pretty close together 

4 hours ago, lowenan said:

Rosyth are listed twice.

I've emailed the person who does it to let them know.

Interestingly, I saved a copy of the rankings 12 months ago and I've just done a comparison:

Biggest improvements - Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Bo'ness Athletic, and Syngenta each moved up over 100 places in the rankings.

Biggest drop in the rankings from Camelon (lost 115 places), Pumpherston (-92) and Fauldhouse (-79).

On 31/05/2022 at 00:10, Ginaro said:

I've emailed the person who does it to let them know.

Interestingly, I saved a copy of the rankings 12 months ago and I've just done a comparison:

Biggest improvements - Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Bo'ness Athletic, and Syngenta each moved up over 100 places in the rankings.

Biggest drop in the rankings from Camelon (lost 115 places), Pumpherston (-92) and Fauldhouse (-79).

Good they have changed it. Still EOS 2 and EOS 3 are listed a tier too high (EOS 1 and EOS 2 on the same tier).

With Harthill applying (and assuming they are accepted), it will be 16-16-18-10 next season.  Should also find out on Thursday if the intention is to move the Second Division down to 16 for 23-24 and boost the numbers in the Third.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

With Harthill applying (and assuming they are accepted), it will be 16-16-18-10 next season.  Should also find out on Thursday if the intention is to move the Second Division down to 16 for 23-24 and boost the numbers in the Third.

Don't see why the 2nd wouldn't go down to 16.