Divisions for 2022-23

4 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

And why would that be wrong?

See Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian, Arsenal, Juventus, St Mirren ...

Arsenal were previously Woolwich Arsenal. St Mirr(e)n is the patron saint of Paisley / church founder.

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Not to mention St Johnstone, St Bernards, Albion Rovers ...

St John's Toun in the old name for Perth. St Bernard's is a well on the Water of Leith. 

It will be 3 up/down next season, and the Second Division will be reduced to 16 clubs for 23/24 so I guess it will be 5 down for them.

The Premier can expand upto 18 clubs if there is a net gain of 2 clubs from the LL.

Third division will play 36 games, and I assume 3 up from that.

Armadale Thistle are sharing with Bathgate as they are getting Volunteer Park converted to 3g. Edinburgh South sharing with Edinburgh Utd, and of course Leith Athletic returning to Meadowbank.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It will be 3 up/down next season, and the Second Division will be reduced to 16 clubs for 23/24 so I guess it will be 5 down for them.

The Premier can expand upto 18 clubs if there is a net gain of 2 clubs from the LL.

Armadale Thistle are sharing with Bathgate as they are getting Volunteer Park converted to 3g. Edinburgh South sharing with Edinburgh Utd, and of course Leith Athletic returning to Meadowbank.

Thanks for the update.

Take it if it's just a +1/-1 from the LL Playoff they will relegate/promote a 4th team?

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Thanks for the update.

Take it if it's just a +1/-1 from the LL Playoff they will relegate/promote a 4th team?

I would assume so.

Net loss/gain of one from LL means 1 more down or 1 more up. Anything else looks as though it's being absorbed to minimise impact, as 5 down from 16 in the Premier is far too much.

16 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Any news on Presumably Armadale will also have Floodlights?

On 17/06/2022 at 22:02, Ginaro said:

Arsenal were previously Woolwich Arsenal. St Mirr(e)n is the patron saint of Paisley / church founder.

St John's Toun in the old name for Perth. St Bernard's is a well on the Water of Leith. 

The poster who prompted my input complained about names "without any geographical reference?"

I'd suggest the geographical references in your examples are too obscure to qualify!

7 hours ago, Burnieman said:

So to clarify it should be:

Premier: 1 promotion play-off, 13/14 possible relegation, 15/16 relegation (if a net gain of two then 14/15/16 relegated and expanded to 18)

First: 1/2/3 promotion, 13/14 possible relegation, 15/16 relegation

Second: 1/2/3 promotion, 13/14 possible relegation 15/16/17/18 relegation

Third: 1/2/3 promotion

22 hours ago, Ginaro said:

So to clarify it should be:

Premier: 1 promotion play-off, 13/14 possible relegation, 15/16 relegation (if a net gain of two then 14/15/16 relegated and expanded to 18)

First: 1/2/3 promotion, 13/14 possible relegation, 15/16 relegation

Second: 1/2/3 promotion, 13/14 possible relegation 15/16/17/18 relegation

Third: 1/2/3 promotion

early prediction

premier

winners - linlithgow       relegation - vale of leithen, oakley, lothian thistle 

first division

promotion- glenrothes dunbar newtongrange    relegation - shippy, rosyth, kennoway 

second division

promotion - syngenta whitburn herriot watt      relegation - craigroyston, hawick, peebles, ormiston, tweedmouth 

third division 

promotion - armadale, boness, livi 

How many of this year's third division will be there four years from now? Harthill, Stoneyburn and West Calder maybe? Ultimately it's going to be the natural habitat for a significant portion of the traditional EoS teams if this structure is retained. Will be interesting to see if Vale of Leithen winds up being one of them.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How many of this year's third division will be there four years from now? Harthill, Stoneyburn and West Calder maybe? Ultimately it's going to be the natural habitat for a significant portion of the traditional EoS teams if this structure is retained. Will be interesting to see if Vale of Leithen winds up being one of them.

That'll take decades for Vale of Leithen to drop that far.

Not that they're not shite. They'll just find loopholes to Houdini out of it. God love 'em

ETA: why does any mention of VoL get a red dot from marshy? It's fucking mental

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

• 1 month later...
On 10/06/2022 at 10:46, Nittenrab said:

Whitburn & Syngenta are in for an easy Division 2 next season, I can only see them dropping points to each other.

Oooft!

2 hours ago, _FFC1876 said:

Whitburn have won every game they’ve played thus far, Syngenta are top of the league. Nice try.

read the original post,

look at the results,

see why it was a ridiculous statement to make. Its not even September and the statement has been negated.

H2h if you need further explanation.