Champions League Final Liverpool v Real Madrid

Lex

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That match was everything I hate about top level football.

Dull, slow, players WALKING around making repeated 5 yard passes backwards and sideways....boring crap.

The only excitement came when Madrid burst forwards on their left wing and that only happened a couple of times.

Just like almost every other major final, it was all ruined by both sides being too afraid of losing.

It was no Wrexham v Grimsby that's for sure.

How many big occasions is now that Liverpool fans have behaved atrociously?

Heysel: basically directly responsible for the deaths of Juve fans, blamed the police, Juve fans for goading them and the stadium being such a wreck that they were able to throw bits of it at Juve fans.

Istanbul: Liverpool fans without tickets (shock) tried to force access to an already sold out stadium.

Last night: see above, blame the authorities because their dipshit fans bought fake tickets, couldn't get in and caused a massive delay. See also forcing access.

Hillsborough was a complete tragedy and the fault of the police and other authorities, making it very much the outlier.

Liverpool fans have an exceptionally large massive element of selfish, moronic cretins. They're definitely the old firm of English football, possibly worse. Issuing tear-stained statements merely cements this view. You can't behave like arseholes then shoehorn Hillsborough references in and expect to absolved of blame. c***s.

11 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Heysel: basically directly responsible for the deaths of Juve fans, blamed the police, Juve fans for goading them and the stadium being such a wreck that they were able to throw bits of it at Juve fans.

Istanbul: Liverpool fans without tickets (shock) tried to force access to an already sold out stadium.

Last night: see above, blame the authorities because their dipshit fans bought fake tickets, couldn't get in and caused a massive delay. See also forcing access.

Hillsborough was a complete tragedy and the fault of the police and other authorities, making it very much the outlier.

Liverpool fans have an exceptionally large massive element of selfish, moronic cretins. They're definitely the old firm of English football, possibly worse. Issuing tear-stained statements merely cements this view. You can't behave like arseholes then shoehorn Hillsborough references in and expect to absolved of blame. c***s.

Was there not crowd issues at the 2007 final in Athens too? 

As for the game itself, i was out with the better half and my mate and her husband, before the game when the second delay came on, i said 'What are you guys doing tomorrow?' geniunely thought it'd be played today!

A truly awful final, Courtois had the game of his life however.

Ancelotti is an incredible manager. 4 Champions League titles is a sensational record. 

I know football has changed and was different 11 years ago, but it was absolute madness that Chelsea sacked him. Especially as they went for VIllas-Boas afterwards. 

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I mean there are now plenty videos which show that there were far more local fans/bams rushing/climbing the gates than Liverpool fans. There are also an equal number of videos which show the French police going way overboard and spraying folk who posed absolutely zero threat to anyone, and near enough every single reporter/journalist on the scene has dismissed UEFA's narrative as utter nonsense. Liverpool evidently do have a large number of roasters following them and folk were undoubtedly trying to blag it, but by all accounts last night was an organisational failure more than anything else. I don't really find that hard to believe given the number of shambolic UEFA events recently.  

16 minutes ago, CraigFairlie said:

Was there not crowd issues at the 2007 final in Athens too? 

As for the game itself, i was out with the better half and my mate and her husband, before the game when the second delay came on, i said 'What are you guys doing tomorrow?' geniunely thought it'd be played today!

A truly awful final, Courtois had the game of his life however.

Ancelotti is an incredible manager. 4 Champions League titles is a sensational record. 

I know football has changed and was different 11 years ago, but it was absolute madness that Chelsea sacked him. Especially as they went for VIllas-Boas afterwards. 

did he? Two magnificent saves and for the remainder he did what any consistent decent goalkeeper would do......

I mean there are now plenty videos which show that there were far more local fans/bams rushing/climbing the gates than Liverpool fans. There are also an equal number of videos which show the French police going way overboard and spraying folk who posed absolutely zero threat to anyone, and near enough every single reporter/journalist on the scene has dismissed UEFA's narrative as utter nonsense. Liverpool evidently do have a large number of roasters following them and folk were undoubtedly trying to blag it, but by all accounts last night was an organisational failure more than anything else. I don't really find that hard to believe given the number of shambolic UEFA events recently.  

"Not quite as many Liverpool fans were behaving like arseholes as initially thought" isn't a great defence tbh, especially given their previous.

Can't agree that this was a bad game. I loved it, and I was surprised by that as I'm no fan of the CL. 

Modric, Carvajal and Courtois were the absolute stand outs for me. The link up and understanding between Benzema and Vinicius was a joy to watch at times. 

Modric's pass into Kroos that started the move that lead to the goal was beautiful. He's the player I want Gilmour to become.

So aye, I thought this was a cracking game. 

Can't agree that this was a bad game. I loved it, and I was surprised by that as I'm no fan of the CL. 
Modric, Carvajal and Courtois were the absolute stand outs for me. The link up and understanding between Benzema and Vinicius was a joy to watch at times. 
Modric's pass into Kroos that started the move that lead to the goal was beautiful. He's the player I want Gilmour to become.
So aye, I thought this was a cracking game. 

Agreed. Thought it was a good match. Had a bit of everything and some real standout performances on the Madrid side

Just now, Day of the Lords said:
24 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

"Not quite as many Liverpool fans were behaving like arseholes as initially thought" isn't a great defence tbh, especially given their previous.

That's the point though. Some may have been behaving like arseholes, but the shambles last night was not caused by Liverpool fans. It's now quite clear that UEFA have thrown out, and greatly exaggerated the ticket thing to deflect from their own mismanagement, and loads have swallowed it despite evidence suggesting otherwise. A lot of this automatic rush to assume that it's those scousers at it yet again due to some horrific things that happened 30+ years ago has a real Kelvin MacKenzie vibe to it. Not that you're necessarily doing that, but a lot of the rhetoric from last night has that feel to it. A quick look at some of the trending hashtags on Twitter will tell you that. 

I should point out that i generally despise Liverpool, was quite happy to see them lose and do align with the view of their fans being absolute riddy merchants at times. However UEFA need slaughtered for their continual inability to manage fairly simple events without turning them into absolute chaos, the tribalistic deflection to blame certain sets of fans - and i include the patter from other Celtic fans last week - lets them off the hook. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That match was everything I hate about top level football.

Dull, slow, players WALKING around making repeated 5 yard passes backwards and sideways....boring crap.

The only excitement came when Madrid burst forwards on their left wing and that only happened a couple of times.

Just like almost every other major final, it was all ruined by both sides being too afraid of losing.

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

22 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

I should point out that i generally despise Liverpool, was quite happy to see them lose and do align with the view of their fans being absolute riddy merchants at times. However UEFA need slaughtered for their continual inability to manage fairly simple events without turning them into absolute chaos, the tribalistic deflection to blame certain sets of fans - and i include the patter from other Celtic fans last week - lets them off the hook. 

I agree. Delighted Liverpool lost, and at first I thought it sounded like typical scousers ruining the occasion, but It sounds like that’s not the case.

Stories of a Liverpool fan with his disabled Mum in a wheelchair being sprayed then they padlocked her wheelchair outside for the duration of the match while she ‘calmed down’ are scandalous.

I enjoyed the game, thought it was entertaining, but a big part of me hates everything the champions league final stands for. Corporate greed, fucking the fans over. Some folk will have gone to a lot of expense and effort to go to a once in a lifetime (for them) champions league final and got left locked outside whilst thousands of hangers on enjoyed their 3 course meals inside.

It won’t ever change. If fans don’t buy tickets, someone else will take them instead.

But the champions league, like all football worth watching, is as much about crowds creating incredible atmospheres as it is great football, and I’d love it, love it, if fans started boycotting matches to make a point to uefa.

Still can’t understand why English fans were so anti super league. I’d fucking love uefa to get their commupence.

Anyway, Ancelotti is one of the most underrated managers of all time, Modric is a genius, Liverpool got pumped, and camilla cabello has taken the huff. A fine night.