Champions League Final Liverpool v Real Madrid

Lex

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont understand it either, and having got the right result, dont actually care to find out. 

Walton saying its actually quite simple, then going on to a complete Abe Simpson ramble that made not one lick of sense, did not help.

Oh fucking ignore Walton. He's not explained anything right about it. @craigkillie's got a decent post or two about it on Twitter. It's still (the rule) a lot of utter shite though.

Liverpool are set up to be a consistent outfit that'll overpower weaker teams over 90 minutes, most weeks. They're very good at this, as 3 seasons scoring 90+ points shows.

They're rarely as convincing in one-off games against a similar standard of opponent. Madrid had their 'high pressure and chuck the full backs forward' sussed and should have added another couple on the counter. Chelsea would have done the same in the other finals if they weren't playing dross like Mount and Pulisic.

What does Gareth Bale merit for being mentioned tonight he's done tonight exactly what I could have done to win a champions league medal.

Just the world cup to finish off this season now.

I have lost count of the number of times I have watched Real Mardid win a european final on the tv. However, I have seen them play only one european final in the flesh and they got humped......and that was only 39 years ago. Aye, those were the days.  

5 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Liverpool are set up to be a consistent outfit that'll overpower weaker teams over 90 minutes, most weeks. They're very good at this, as 3 seasons scoring 90+ points shows.

They're rarely as convincing in one-off games against a similar standard of opponent. Madrid had their 'high pressure and chuck the full backs forward' sussed and should have added another couple on the counter. Chelsea would have done the same in the other finals if they weren't playing dross like Mount and Pulisic.

Zero wins against the top four in league matches and their England-esque set of duff fixtures to get to the final certainly support this. 

Real Madrid beat PSG, Chelsea (holders) and Man City to reach the final. Liverpool beat Fort William, Vale of Leithen and Wigtown and Bladnoch. 

Rio Ferdinand had the temerity to describe Real Madrid's winning run this year as the greatest in European Cup history. I look forward to Jonky67 calling him a roaster or Clone Job calling him anti-Irish for his failure to accept the innate & unequalled superiority of the Lisbon Lions. 

8 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Liverpool will lose but their celticy support will still claim they're "the best in the wehld".

Going to give this extra credit for it being an actual, paid "expert" rather than their support

2 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Rio Ferdinand had the temerity to describe Real Madrid's winning run this year as the greatest in European Cup history. I look forward to Jonky67 calling him a roaster or Clone Job calling him anti-Irish for his failure to accept the innate & unequalled superiority of the Lisbon Lions. 

Take a night off