Champions League Final Liverpool v Real Madrid

Lex

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Walton perfectly describing something that didn’t actually happen there.

Probably was getting stuck into the mini bar when the game was delayed

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Peter Walton doesn’t fucking know what he’s talking about 

Just now, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Send Peter Walton to the glue factory please.

Yeah he didnt mention anything about whether another madrid player touches the ball, if the last madrid player touching the ball is benzema then he cant play himself offside? Surely?

I actually admire Peter Walton for blagging a wage at BT. You could pluck anyone watching this game to just sit there and go 'well, aye, i think, maybe the ref's looking for offside, maybe' the absolute chancer.

Edited by Fratelli

Peter Walton is full of shite. 

Look at the Real player, Valverde. He's not even passing it to Benzema. He's opened his foot out and taken a shot that has been blocked, then bounced off the Liverpool players knee. Whether intentional or otherwise, it's essentially a clearance that fell into the path of Benzema. The goal should have stood every day of the week.

Edited by djchapsticks

It's a nonsense that goals disallowed, but looks like it's technically correct. 

They need to change the rule. Two Liverpool players touch that (one with a deliberate act, the other seemingly unintentionally) and the goal is chopped off. 

Edited by Michael W

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

Ridiculous decision to rule that goal out. Can’t believe they’ve not given that.

No it isn't.

There was a goal allowed this season in Inverness when there was a deliberate play by an ICT defender.

From that incident, I and many of the players were schooled in the rule.

The referee?

Willie Collum! 

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Why would a Liverpool player DELIBERATELY play the ball to Benzema in that situation?

Sure it's just deliberately playing the ball - i.e a pass back gone wrong. Guessing they've decided it bouncing that direction off his knee in a tackle isn't deliberately playing the ball.