Champions League Final Liverpool v Real Madrid

Lex

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Agree VAR can't decide what was deliberate and what wasn't that's completely subjective. Massive let of for Liverpool 

Always felt that, for subjective decisions like that, the match referee should be sent to the monitor.

It should, ultimately, be his decision.

Guest Flash
4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Agree VAR can't decide what was deliberate and what wasn't that's completely subjective. Massive let of for Liverpool 

If it is subjective, does it then come back to whether the decision was obviously wrong? And if it isn’t obvious that the Liverpool player deliberately played it, VAR can’t over-rule the decision? 

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I think the ref got that right. It came off the liverpool player as the result of an attempted tackle/block

I genuinely don't know, but surely an attempted tackle would be a deliberate attempt to play the ball?

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I think the ref got that right. It came off the liverpool player as the result of an attempted tackle/block

This would surely apply only if the Madrid player making said tackle/block was offside.