EPL 2022/23

Losing Rudiger and Christensen then replacing with Koulibaly is a good upgrade but a loss of depth.

They've lost Lukaku (who was shite for the most part) and have only brought in Sterling so far. 

Chelsea are making statement signings but it'll be their lack of depth that will hurt them.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Losing Rudiger and Christensen then replacing with Koulibaly is a good upgrade but a loss of depth.

They've lost Lukaku (who was shite for the most part) and have only brought in Sterling so far. 

Chelsea are making statement signings but it'll be their lack of depth that will hurt them.

I think they're getting Ake too so 2 out 2 in at centre back

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

16 hours ago, CM. said:

I think they're getting Ake too so 2 out 2 in at centre back

But you still have the problem of Tiago Silva, who is past it.  I have heard rumours that they are interested in Presnel Kimbembe, which would not be a good idea. 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Question marks over the age of the former, but Thiago Silva and Koulibaly on paper should be an absolute phenomenal pairing for Chelsea at the back.

I think that in a back 3 it will work, Koulibaly will help make up for Tiago Silva's lack of mobility 

I quite enjoy it when a club revamps an entire part of their team, but it's a shame that Chelsea have just gone back to their old ways and don't really have anything interesting about them anymore.

Conte scared the entire league into playing a back three, Sarri's Sarriball, Lampard initially trusting a bunch of academy players. Now they're just a boring, monied top side again.

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I think De Jong to Man United now officially qualifies for coveted "saga" status. 

I think it already had become that. This years tedious saga where United are concerned. At least this one looks as if it'll be over in one summer instead of the two each Haaland and Sancho took. 

Next years tedium has actually started as there have already been mentions of a battle between United, Liverpool, Real and PSG for Bellingham. From September onwards it'll get fully fired up. Can't wait...💤💤💤