EPL 2022/23

21 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

The thing is Tierney is good but it’s just unfortunate he’s nowhere near as good as Zinchenko so therefore Arsenal fans have really high expectations for him.

I disagree. I think Tierney is a much better attacking left back. The difference is Zinchenko can stay fit for more than a couple of games.

39 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard him speak but Steve Cooper looks like an utter fud.

Shamelessly narrow minded but I also think he looks like an utter fud based on literally just his face and those dozy eyes.

20 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Time to f**k off, Steven.

I think I seen maybe craigkillie or someone of that ilk on Twitter a while ago saying that the whole brains of the operation being someone other than the manager thing was a bit of myth, but beginning to look like clued up **** were right that Beale really was the brains of this operation.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

On 28/08/2022 at 05:21, cameron2000 said:

The thing is Tierney is good but it’s just unfortunate he’s nowhere near as good as Zinchenko so therefore Arsenal fans have really high expectations for him.

They are both completely different types of players but there's no doubt that Tierney had a better reputation before the beginning of this season.

Fitness holds him back a little bit, but he's still an excellent full back.

Has there ever been two worst consecutive games that what Gallagher just shat out for Chelsea? The boy is having an absolute shocker.

13 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I think I seen maybe craigkillie on Twitter a while ago saying that the whole brains of the operation being someone other than the manager thing was a bit of myth, but beginning to look like clued up **** were right that Beale really was the brains of this operation.

If craigkillie was specifically referring to Rangers then f**k knows where he got that information from. It was well known that Mick Beale was the main man on the footballing front when Gerrard was in charge at Rangers, with Gerrard taking more of a typical managers role and only being “hands-on” on match days. Indeed a couple years ago at the annual Rangers Charity Foundation ball, Gerrard spoke briefly and handed over to Beale who he referred to as “the man that makes our team tick”.

Edited by 8MileBU

Shamelessly narrow minded but I also think he looks like an utter fud based on literally just his face and those dozy eyes.

They are both completely different types of players but there's no doubt that Tierney had a better reputation before the beginning of this season.
Fitness holds him back a little bit, but he's still an excellent full back.
Has there ever been two worst consecutive games that what Gallagher just shat out for Chelsea? The boy is having an absolute shocker.

Tierney is clearly a fantastic full-back. But in a team trying to play total control possession football Zinchenco is so much better. His technical ability, passing, dribbling etc allows him to invert or play wide. Arteta will likely want his Full backs to invert more often though. In fact not only is he better than Tierney he’s also comfortably Arsenal’s best player technically too. He’s had a huge role in the upturn of Arsenal’s form this season, although even just having Tierney back from injury is also a huge bonus to stop the likes of Tomiyasu and Xhaka having to play Left back.

Obviously you can’t take too much from this but shows just how good his technical level is.

8 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Tierney is clearly a fantastic full-back. But in a team trying to play total control possession football Zinchenco is so much better. His technical ability, passing, dribbling etc allows him to invert or play wide. Arteta will likely want his Full backs to invert more often though. In fact not only is he better than Tierney he’s also comfortably Arsenal’s best player technically too. He’s had a huge role in the upturn of Arsenal’s form this season, although even just having Tierney back from injury is also a huge bonus to stop the likes of Tomiyasu and Xhaka having to play Left back.

Obviously you can’t take too much from this but shows just how good his technical level is.

I’m taking away nothing from Zinchenco but having seen both play left back I still prefer Tierney. I was going to Zinchenco is perhaps more versatile as he seems like the more comfortable of the two moving into a midfield role but then Tierney has done a good job on occasions at right back or left side of a back three. It’s a hard one at left back though as Zinchenco was a regular victim of Pep-roulette at Man City but who knows, come the end of the season he might have ousted Tierney as first choice LB for Arsenal, but I think Tierney being made of glass will just as likely play a part in that.

I'd have thought Arsenal would benefit from playing Zinchenko in the defensive midfield role, and he can provide competent cover for KT when he's injured.

Its not a shoehorned situation, they are both class players you would want to play and I'm sure it could be argues that midfield is actually Zinchenkos best position.

Bournemouth sacking the manager 48 hours before the transfer window shuts is mental regardless of the wknd pumping. What now, they bring someone in and force them to work with the 'ill equipped' squad?

Unless the board just go full FM and spend on anyone & anything? Perhaps they have or have someone in the wings to be appointed this afternoon and still go full spending mode. It'll be like a football version of supermarket sweep, grabbing what you can while being ripped of all because clubs smell the desperation.

5 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Sounds like it was his interview after the game more than the game itself that’s led to it.

Or thats just the way Bournemouth are sugar-coating it.

Parker has been critical of the Bournemouth board and their lack of transfer funds on a couple of occasions, I guess the board ran out of patience.  

That being said, Parker is correct in that they need to recruit in order to avoid more pumpings this season.  This squad is nowhere near good enough to stay up