EPL 2022/23

12 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Till next Monday when Liverpool score 8 in the first 15mins.

It’s no exaggeration to say this could happen. I think Liverpool will go easy on them and still win 4-0, Man Utd aren’t just awful, the players look like they don’t want to be there just like they did at the end of the season. This is the worst result they’ve had in what has been almost a decade of awful results, to be losing 4-0 at half time against Brentford on the back of losing at home to Brighton right at the start of a new season with a new manager and a few fresh faces in the door. The fans were clearly not even surprised as they’d bought glazer out banners into the stadium. 

56 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Maybe it's like the big Scottish guy isn't the problem after all.

He's another player that isn't good enough for where the club wants to be, at least as a regular starter. 

He is however the least of their worries as he's not being paid £150k a week for offering little. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They've had those banners for about a decade now.

You usually don’t see banners like this until the season is well and truly fucked, it was only their second game and they have a new manager and new players at team. 

Manchhesssserrunited (copyright Gary Neville) are loaded with individuals, there’s no team. Rashford can’t be arsed tracking back, De Gea looks like he couldn’t give a fcuk, Maguire is on his own island, Ronaldo has chucked it, and the likes of Bruno Fernandes offer little, bar waving their arms up in disgust after they ship a third or fourth goal. Everything about Bruno Fernandes screams ‘none of this shit is MY fault’. McTominay runs around kicking folk and getting a stick-on yellow card, which, compared to 99% of his colleagues, at least makes him look as if he cares. A bit. Sancho is just an over-rated fanny. As for their new johnny foreigner signings, they look lost, and would like their agents to find them another club, anywhere, quickly.

I think they have decent players in a few positions, but can you imagine any of these chunts going out for a few beers? Anyone in that squad prepared to kick some arses? It’s not so much talent that squad lacks, it’s character and workrate, grit and attitude.

A dose of the Roy Keanes, Bryan Robsons, and Auld Grumpy Nuts himself is much needed down there. Fcuk um’ though.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Maybe it's like the big Scottish guy isn't the problem after all.

I don’t think McTominay is as good as we’d like to think he is but equally, he’s managed to get consistent game time under the last what, 4 managers now? So he must be doing something right. 

27 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I don’t think McTominay is as good as we’d like to think he is but equally, he’s managed to get consistent game time under the last what, 4 managers now? So he must be doing something right. 

He did himself no harm sitting on the bench in the first half yesterday, that's for sure. He is not at the same level as Darren Fletcher but he is nowhere near as bad as some people make him out to be, didn't cost £52m either.