EPL 2022/23

4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

He’s a 22 year old that’s just played a pivotal part in winning the World Cup for his country, and would most likely start for any team on the planet. £100 million might look cheap in a few years depending on how he gets on. 

I like Potter as a manager and I thought he deserved his chance at a bigger club, but him and Chelsea just don’t seem to suit. It’s not his fault that the club has went out and spent a quarter of a billion quid, but if he doesn’t start winning games with these players then it’s going to really harm his reputation at the top level. 

I might have dreamt this but did they not sign Nkunku from Liepzig too? I was sure I seen confirmation but not heard anything since. Might be an idea to start signing some defenders. Silva can’t have many years left in him and guys like Cucurella and Azpilecueta are nowhere near the calibre of player required to win the league or UCL, and you could add Gallagher, Mount, Chilwell and Havertz to that list as well. How can a club spend a quarter of a billion pounds and still end up with a midfield including Mount and Gallagher :lol: 

I think Nkuku is joining in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

He’s a 22 year old that’s just played a pivotal part in winning the World Cup for his country, and would most likely start for any team on the planet. £100 million might look cheap in a few years depending on how he gets on. 

I like Potter as a manager and I thought he deserved his chance at a bigger club, but him and Chelsea just don’t seem to suit. It’s not his fault that the club has went out and spent a quarter of a billion quid, but if he doesn’t start winning games with these players then it’s going to really harm his reputation at the top level. 

I might have dreamt this but did they not sign Nkunku from Liepzig too? I was sure I seen confirmation but not heard anything since. Might be an idea to start signing some defenders. Silva can’t have many years left in him and guys like Cucurella and Azpilecueta are nowhere near the calibre of player required to win the league or UCL, and you could add Gallagher, Mount, Chilwell and Havertz to that list as well. How can a club spend a quarter of a billion pounds and still end up with a midfield including Mount and Gallagher :lol: 

Mount is genuinely one of the most over-rated English players (bar Declan Rice) - anyone who gets owned by S O'D can't be that brilliant.

It's fascinating viewing what's happening at Chelsea tbh. They are on a one club mission to force rule change on financial fair play. 

When Boehly took over and then emptied Tuchel the entire football media went to bat for them on the "this is a project, we aren't demanding immediate success" etc etc patter. Sky particularly did this. 

They must feel pretty fucking stupid now as Chelsea morph into Notts Forest but with blank cheques and their media darling manager continues to play Chelsea youth products, which was reportedly exactly what he was meant to do. 

This has all the hallmarks of Potter eventually having to leave as Boehly insists his money players start every match. 

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Mount is genuinely one of the most over-rated English players (bar Declan Rice) - anyone who gets owned by S O'D can't be that brilliant.

Every couple of months or so he will do something brilliant i.e. skin 3 players and stick the ball in the top corner. In between these flashes of quality he plays like he belongs in the Championship. Can’t be bothered to look but going by what I see of him he must be one of the most dispossessed players in the league, defenders can read him like a book when he tries to go past them. 

47 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

3 of those 4 won it as starters 2 years ago.

25 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

3 of those 4 won it as starters 2 years ago.

Fair enough you are right, although I still don’t think those 3 players are of the quality a team like Chelsea would be aiming for if winning the Champions League in the next few years was an ambition for them. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

He wouldn't start for the two teams at the top of the league.

Nkunku joins in the summer, I think.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He wouldn't start for the two teams at the top of the league.

Nkunku joins in the summer, I think.

You’re possibly right he wouldn’t be a starter for Man City, but he’s definitely good enough to be used in the rotation. Kalvin Philips gets a game for Man City semi regularly. 

Arsenal don’t play a system that suits his position so it’s hard to gauge, plus Odegaard is playing well at the minute, but I don’t think there’s a team out there that wouldn’t have him in their sqaud, especially at the age he is and the potential sell on value. 

The concerns about Enzo Fernandez are entirely apt, he wasn't even first choice when Argentina started the tournament and most certainly hasn't proven himself consisently at top level European football yet.

It wasn't so long about people were talking about Tanguy Ndombele as the complete midfielder (who Spurs spent about 60m on).

The media praise every signature when it happens because they only focus on the positives.

I have no doubt that at least some of Chelsea signings this summer will completely bomb (most of their summer ones already have). Fernandez is their biggest gamble.

Lampard is realistically a League One or Two (or Scottish Championship) calibre of manager but keeps getting work higher up in the pyramid because of his playing career.  Give him the Morecame or Rochdale job and see how he does before considering him for a Premier league Return

Edited by senorsoupe

40 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Lampard is realistically a League One or Two (or Scottish Championship) calibre of manager but keeps getting work higher up in the pyramid because of his playing career.  Give him the Morecame or Rochdale job and see how he does before considering him for a Premier league Return

I'd like to see him get a chance at the Man City, Man United and Newcastle jobs over the next few seasons