EPL 2022/23

23 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

All charges against Mason Greenwood dropped.  Predictable but shocking all the same.

Police statement here - 

I wonder if there has been an "unwillingness" to participate in proceedings on the victim's part, but that would be projection. It just seems astonishing given the material in the public domain that the case has been dropped. Not exactly going to persuade any other victims of similar crimes to report them, is it?

I guess the lack of progress in proceeding to trial meant this was inevitable. Still a disgrace, though. 

45 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Police statement here - 

I wonder if there has been an "unwillingness" to participate in proceedings on the victim's part, but that would be projection. It just seems astonishing given the material in the public domain that the case has been dropped. Not exactly going to persuade any other victims of similar crimes to report them, is it?

I guess the lack of progress in proceeding to trial meant this was inevitable. Still a disgrace, though. 

Not 100% clued up on these type of things but I imagine if the victims withdrew then it’d be pointless proceeding to court without their testimony. 

Little rat deserved a long sentence for what he done. I imagine he’s done in this country and he’ll be mutually consented from Man Utd and pitch up in somewhere like Italy or Turkey. 

1 minute ago, KD1711 said:

Man of the people Gary Neville instantly liking and retweeting innocent till proven guilty tweets etc. 

Appears he has morals apart from when it comes to a player for the team he supports.

Or indeed the chance to line his pockets in Qatar. 

An utter c**t of a man, and a complete charlatan. 

Just now, accies1874 said:

Was her dad not defending Greenwood in the papers shortly after the accusations? 

I think he was saying he wanted the charges dropped, I remember at the time tweets surfacing from about a year before where someone basically said that he had been upto the same thing and missed a game against Everton as he was in jail for false imprisonment but Manchester United said it was due to 'illness'.

5 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

I think he was saying he wanted the charges dropped, I remember at the time tweets surfacing from about a year before where someone basically said that he had been upto the same thing and missed a game against Everton as he was in jail for false imprisonment but Manchester United said it was due to 'illness'.

Yeah I thought that. The external pressure that comes from abuse/assault cases played out so publicly like this one must be pretty unbearable at an already difficult time. 

If the victim isn't willing to cooperate then there's no way of a conviction.  Greenwood was still meeting the girl, which led to him breaching his bail conditions.  Apparently still a couple, they requested to have the conditions removed so they could continue in a relationship.  Tragic really. 

7 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

is he not likely to end up getting Goodwillie'd and hammered in civil proceedings?

would imagine his England career is over at least, taking him to a tournament would be madness.

Rumours are the girl is back with him. Which is just fucking depressing, really. 

I see Neville has been back on twitter claiming it was a clumsy like, whatever that is and it has been misinterpreted as he obviously condemns violence against women! 

Surely even with the lack of a prosecution given the audio etc everyone has heard Greenwood is still finished?