EPL 2022/23

15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can anyone explain to me why the richest clubs on the planet keep trying to sign Anthony Gordon? I genuinely don’t understand it

I was genuinely shocked to see he was the EPLS fastest player this season till Mudryk pipped him. 

I couldn't have particularly named pace, whilst struggling to name you a proper attribute of his of asked. 

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can anyone explain to me why the richest clubs on the planet keep trying to sign Anthony Gordon? I genuinely don’t understand it

Nope, can't think of one reason. Well, unless maybe as a squad filler for Euro squad next season?

Edited by jagfox

31 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He seems to have a lot of physical and mental attributes to be a top player (although the latter could very much go the other way) and is pretty decent technically too. He's far from perfect and I'm not sure how his career will go, but I do kind of get why he's attracting interest from bigger clubs. I've barely watched Newcastle, though, so couldn't say how he'd fit into their side. 

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was genuinely shocked to see he was the EPLS fastest player this season till Mudryk pipped him. 

I couldn't have particularly named pace, whilst struggling to name you a proper attribute of his of asked. 

Not that surprising when you consider he needs to build up some momentum for all his diving

On the subject of potential Everton departures, I see that Onana's being linked with a move to Arsenal. He's one who I don't really like an awful lot but he flits between moments of incredible midfield play and looking completely lost on and off the ball. Scouts will probably look at the former as being promising for a young player who's just moved to a new league in a dreadful side, but I've found him pretty frustrating as he is right now. 

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

He seems to have a lot of physical and mental attributes to be a top player (although the latter could very much go the other way) and is pretty decent technically too. He's far from perfect and I'm not sure how his career will go, but I do kind of get why he's attracting interest from bigger clubs. I've barely watched Newcastle, though, so couldn't say how he'd fit into their side. 

Howe doesn't seem to fancy Maximin as he has been playing Joelinton at left wing the last few games, I'd much rather see him drop back and then get Longstaff out. Gordon will have resale value if he is a success plus will meet the homegrown quota for the league rules. Would much rather have Maddison if you offered which one out of the two but Howe has had a good record so far with transfers. 

Buzzing for the semi final on Tuesday and have managed to snag a ticket behind the goals in the Leazes end, taking my nephew he has been much luckier to grow up in Newcastle rather than Airdrie the way things have been going!

3 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Bielsa apparently ready to accept the everton job, but only wants to start in the summer. Allegedly talks are ongoing to get him started as soon as. 

There's no way he can play "his style" with the crap they have for a squad right now.

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

He's STILL on the books at Man United?  I thought he left in the summer.  What a sad turn his career has taken

They gave him a new 4-year deal in 2019 (with an option for a further year), it expires this summer. He's apparently on £75K per week and has started around nine games in the last two and a bit seasons. He hasn't even made a subs appearance this season.