EPL 2022/23

Just now, craigkillie said:

Commentators claiming the ref is somehow responsible for players consistently diving in with daft, obvious yellow card fouls is a bit odd.

Exactly what I came on to post, it's the players causing the problems, not the ref.

Is the Barclays the worst league in the world for play-acting? I thought the World Cup was refreshing for the lack of it, but since getting back to business I've found it very frustrating to watch. Players rolling around clutching their ankle for minor fouls has always happened, but now it seems there literally can't be any challenge without it.

Bring back the days when the league was full of good honest lads, occasionally spoiled by dirty cheating foreigners.

I am enjoying the game in terms of it has a bit of bite. But the ref is spoiling it by showing the yellow for every challenge. If he keeps his cards in his pocket, guys won't dive as much and we have a much more entertaining game. Doesn't help that Arteta is gesturing for a card for every challenge as well. 

The pulling guys back on the break are justified and very frustrating when they are not punished - which happens a lot. Pretty sure Xaka wasn't punished for a second one. The "wild" lunges were as wild as a night out with craigkillie I would imagine. Plenty of similar challenges have gone unpunished and rightly so.