EPL 2022/23

Even though that's the right decision, I don't think it really feels to anyone watching like justice has been done by ruling it out. I reckon VAR decisions should only be made if the defending team are able to tell the referee what the actual offence was.

On 22/08/2022 at 21:35, DrewDon said:

The Arse are going to win the Barclays. Arteta got them cooking and the title is going to North London. 

#calledit all the way back in August. I have a PhD in Barclays Premier League Studies from Harvard, so I was always likely to be onto something with this one.

Alas, some high-level FA corruption cannot be ruled out just yet. There will be influential people who are very reluctant to see the title head to Holloway Road.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Even though that's the right decision, I don't think it really feels to anyone watching like justice has been done by ruling it out. I reckon VAR decisions should only be made if the defending team are able to tell the referee what the actual offence was.

Indeed, including quoting the relevant paragraph reference in the laws!

48 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Watching MOTD, Southampton just scored and there’s 9 (nine) Fulham fans videoing the celebrations. WTF

11E06B7F-CF50-4287-B5DF-50854DA47253.jpeg

You know Messi's pointing to the air goal celebration that's become iconic, now ripped off by what's the wee cnt at Man City Foden that's him.

Well anyway Messi once did that right in front of where we were sitting. 15-20 yards away, and sometimes I think damn that would have been a brilliant picture. With zoom it would have looked amazing. But really I'm glad I just watched it instead.

I was in London a couple of weeks back there. I was speaking to my Uber driver, who dropped into the conversation that he was a big Chelsea man (for his sins). I informed him, naturally, that I have huge respect for The Chels. But we agreed that Graham Potter simply isn't up to the job - he would be a lovely headteacher for a small primary school in rural Surrey, but a proper Chels, proper football person is needed at Stamford Bridge. 

It's time for a winner. It's time for Emma Hayes.

17 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Understandable. 
If you’re lucky enough to witness a Barclays game in the flesh you need to cherish the memory for all time.

Yip, Fulham v Southampton, one to tell the Grandkids about. 

Graham Potter is a top, top manager. Chelsea are 9th because the squad is laden with Tuchel’s shite signings. Havertz, Pulisic, Cucurella, Koulibaly, Thiago Silva are not good enough to beat Forest. Potter needs at least 3 transfer windows to make Chelsea like Brighton.

Nunez is a fantastic striker. He’s like Werner in that he’s very quick but a poor finisher but unlike Werner he will definitely come good and score a load of goals. If you think otherwise then you’re disagreeing with Klopp and don’t understand football.

This weekend’s Hot Takes on TalkSport.