EPL 2022/23

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Of the teams that were in the relegation scrap, Forest are the only ones who actually showed the fight needed to stay up.  Kudos to them

Now it's down to 3 shit teams to battle it out to be slightly less shit that 2 others

The fans kept behind the manager and the team, and the owner didn't fire the manager twice or three times. That made the difference.

3 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

The fans kept behind the manager and the team, and the owner didn't fire the manager twice or three times. That made the difference.

I dunno like, maybe its more to do with spending £170m+/being the 4th highest spending team on the planet this season? - https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2022/wp406/en/

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dunno like, maybe its more to do with spending £170m+/being the 4th highest spending team on the planet this season? - https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2022/wp406/en/

They did have to recruit massively on promotion. Around 21 new players. The money spent will be recovered over the course of the next few years in the epl. 

11 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

How in holy hell did De Gea win the Golden Glove? 

Yes yes I know WHY he won it...buy is he really the best goalie the Barclays can offer?

Golden Glove is for most clean sheets, not best goalie.

15 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I can see West Ham playing a second string team tomorrow. Won't be much difference in prize money between 13th to 16th, a chance to win a European trophy with a place in next season's Europa league is much more appealing. 

Also, West Ham's last match is against Leicester. Quite appropriate that Everton's destiny is to some extent in Moyes' hands now. 

Leeds started the better side but have allowed West Ham back in. Only one side winning this game at the moment. 

30 mins to save the season. They’ll go down with Leicester if they don’t win this . 

That’ll be that. Leeds have done nothing this half. 

I still wouldn’t rule out them staying up. It’s pretty much a banker 3 points against Spurs next week, so it’s all down to Everton v Bournemouth.