EPL 2022/23

On 18/03/2023 at 08:03, Bairnardo said:

VAR actively seeks to rule out goals where it should be seeking to award them

That’s not what VAR is for.  I don’t like VAR for a lot of reasons but any idea that it, or refereeing in general should be biased toward giving goals is clearly a joke,  the game is as much about preventing goals as scoring them and neither should be treated more favourable by officials.

47 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This, in my opinion, shouldn't be a handball, it's clearly not deliberate and he's in the process of moving his hand in towards his body. Under the current laws though, it's hard to see how it can't be given as one.

How similar do you think the hand position is to Willian's red for Fulham in the cup?

The defender here seems to have his hands much further away from his body.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

How similar do you think the hand position is to Willian's red for Fulham in the cup?

The defender here seems to have his hands much further away from his body.

I think both of them are clear handballs under the current rules, but I think the Willian one should be and that Bournemouth one shouldn't. In Willian's case, he moves the arm towards the ball, so there's a clear attempt to block it, whereas in the one linked the guy is trying to get it out of the way. I think that direction of movement should be considered much more important than the actual position of the hand.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He has a lot of dross, Son’s out of form and Richarlison was a pish signing but at the end of the day Conte has the best striker in the world. He should be battering 10 in against diddies like Soufampton.

The best striker in the world with zero trophies at club or international level and one league golden boot since 2017? In that team he has been behind luminaries like Aubamayang and a bunch of wide attackers.

On a goals to game ratio Mo Salah comfortably outscores him in the EPL despite playing wide.

Mo Salah, despite not being a striker, seems able to comfortably outscore the 'best striker in the world'.

And that's before you start comparing him to people like Benzema, Lewandowski or Haaland.

Edited by Satoshi

6 hours ago, Satoshi said:

The best striker in the world with zero trophies at club or international level and one league golden boot since 2017? In that team he has been behind luminaries like Aubamayang and a bunch of wide attackers.

On a goals to game ratio Mo Salah comfortably outscores him in the EPL despite playing wide.

Mo Salah, despite not being a striker, seems able to comfortably outscore the 'best striker in the world'.

And that's before you start comparing him to people like Benzema, Lewandowski or Haaland.

Sarcasm
noun [ U ] 
the use of remarks that clearly mean the opposite of what they say, made in order to hurt someone's feelings or to criticize something in a humorous way:

50 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Hodgson going back to palace seems like a backwards step. Especially considering they got rid of him because they wanted a change in the way the team plays.

Well they achieved that by losing most of their games.

On 19/03/2023 at 22:33, Donathan said:

Bookies have them 4/7 now with City at 6/4. I still make City marginal favourites due to easier run in. 

Easier EPL run in but City's continued involvement in the Champions League can't be ignored.  Their extra 2 games before the City v Arsenal game could make a difference.