EPL 2022/23

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Utterly bamboozled now. We've been told a couple of times this season (1 was Salah against Wolves) that if a defender deliberately plays the ball then an attacker can't be given offside. 2 defenders deliberately played that before it hit Longstaff.

Blocks, including blocking crosses, don't count as deliberately playing the ball. Then Longstaff challenges the player making the clearance therefore is offside.

it is the correct call but it shows what a nonsense offside has become.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Attackers definitely getting the benefit of the doubt once again then....... 🙄

VAR actively seeks to rule out goals where it should be seeking to award them

This is it for me. Too often they seem to think their job is to find a way to disallow a goal by scraping the boundaries of whichever interpretation of the laws they decide to go with that day.

To allow the Salah goal but disallow the one yesterday is a nonsense.

9 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Goal shy Newcastle never seem to be off my bleeding TV screen.

I'm sick of the sight of them. 

It’s typical Sky when the latest Barclays club gets bought by a foreign country. Chelsea were barely on live before 2004, likewise City before the 11/12 season when they started really spending. 

It’s so they have footage for when they eventually win the league so they can have all the action/soundbites captured by their commentators for future montages.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It’s typical Sky when the latest Barclays club gets bought by a foreign country. Chelsea were barely on live before 2004, likewise City before the 11/12 season when they started really spending. 

It’s so they have footage for when they eventually win the league so they can have all the action/soundbites captured by their commentators for future montages.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they were a good team to watch, Chelsea and Man City were interesting on the way up. Newcastle have nothing about them, they are chronic.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

75 year old Roy Hodgson is the clear front runner to take over at Crystal Palace.

The enormously respected enforcer Patrick Viera who was at the top of the game when most of these players were kids isn't tough enough, so naturally they will instead take their lectures from a doddery auld Roy Hodgson. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The enormously respected enforcer Patrick Viera who was at the top of the game when most of these players were kids isn't tough enough, so naturally they will instead take their lectures from a doddery auld Roy Hodgson. 

Roy is a gangster

On 19/03/2023 at 00:00, Bully Wee Villa said:

"Corner".

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This, in my opinion, shouldn't be a handball, it's clearly not deliberate and he's in the process of moving his hand in towards his body. Under the current laws though, it's hard to see how it can't be given as one.