EPL 2022/23

On 11/03/2023 at 14:20, senorsoupe said:

The contrasts in Liverpool's season has been fascinating.  They can look like world beaters some weeks and then be complete cack the next

And they’ve got Man City and Arsenal coming up

They dropped out of the title race early but they may be about to play a big part in it

I only saw the highlights but Wan Bissaka looked to be having the worst game in PL history, can anyone who watched the game confirm?

Also, Declan Rice seemed to conspire to make 3 mistakes in a crazy 10 second period in the box and was lucky it didn't lead to a pen. His value and form having a Dele Alli esque plummet this season.

47 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Patrick Viera has flown the Eagle's Nest. Good night sweet Prince x

It never even occurred to me that he might be under pressure. Had no idea they were on such an awful run.

Seemed like he was doing a decent enough job until the last 10 or so games.

19 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It never even occurred to me that he might be under pressure. Had no idea they were on such an awful run.

Yeah, kind of snuck up on you didn't it. I did notice a stat from last weekend that the game played was their third in a row without a shot on goal. A PL record. 

21 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Yeah, kind of snuck up on you didn't it. I did notice a stat from last weekend that the game played was their third in a row without a shot on goal. A PL record. 

Nine games without a win but only dropped one place in the table.

Everybody but Palace and Forest have won a game in their last five

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Nine games without a win but only dropped one place in the table.

Everybody but Palace and Forest have won a game in their last five

Yeah, hard to argue with the decision when looking at the facts of the matter. I'm sure most Palace fans won't be lamenting his departure, too much.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

They have been on a bad run, and the relegation battle looks particularly fierce this year.

It's been a while since somebodly looking relatively safe has come crashing down the table to be relegated on the last day.

Just now, Zetterlund said:

That offside call was utter horseshit.

Utterly bamboozled now. We've been told a couple of times this season (1 was Salah against Wolves) that if a defender deliberately plays the ball then an attacker can't be given offside. 2 defenders deliberately played that before it hit Longstaff.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Utterly bamboozled now. We've been told a couple of times this season (1 was Salah against Wolves) that if a defender deliberately plays the ball then an attacker can't be given offside. 2 defenders deliberately played that before it hit Longstaff.

Aye, there was one like that the other day too but can't recall which game, The complete opposite of how it was explained earlier in the season.

Newcastle deserved the win in the end. Agree with the comments about the offside goal, ridiculous decision, it’s like they make it up as they go along.

Edited by Jambomo