EPL 2022/23

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I agree with this. Pogba obviously left and came back again, and there was at least one game where it was only him, but under the criteria laid out he still played competitively under Ferguson.

I'll try to have a dig around later to find out the last pre-Ferguson game.

I reckon the Alex Ferguson era of players would have started in November 1978, meaning that every Man United match in the 41 years between 18th November 1978 and 30th October 2019 contained a player who made at least one appearance under Alex Ferguson.

The last "pre-Ferguson" game was a 5-1 defeat to Birmingham City on 11th November 1978 - https://www.mufcinfo.com/manupag/match_data/match_sql.php?my_match_date=1978-11-11.

24 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Liverpool will finish 4th because Chelsea and Spurs are absolute muck.

I expect them to catch United as well. They'll tail off badly because a) they aren't actually that good and b) their squad depth is awful and they will start to rotate in the league as they prioritise the cups.

48 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I reckon the Alex Ferguson era of players would have started in November 1978, meaning that every Man United match in the 41 years between 18th November 1978 and 30th October 2019 contained a player who made at least one appearance under Alex Ferguson.

The last "pre-Ferguson" game was a 5-1 defeat to Birmingham City on 11th November 1978 - https://www.mufcinfo.com/manupag/match_data/match_sql.php?my_match_date=1978-11-11.

So whom of that starting 11 was previously managed by SAF?

Edited by Arch Stanton

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So whom of that starting 11 was previously managed by SAF?

That was the last game before Goalkeeper Gary Bailey made his debut in a 2-0 home win against Ipswich Town the following Saturday 

Bailey was second choice keeper in Ferguson’s first season but got some game time before being binned in September 1987

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That was the last game before Goalkeeper Gary Bailey made his debut in a 2-0 home win against Ipswich Town the following Saturday 

Bailey was second choice keeper in Ferguson’s first season but got some game time before being binned in September 1987

On the flipside who was the last Ferguson era player to get a game for United?

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Leeds or Newcastle the most ignorant fans in the league imo. Brighton the most knowledgeable. 

I have never got 'knowledgeable' vibes from Brighton, but that is probably because I don't recall ever meeting a person who claims to support them. 

Newcastle and Leeds are extremely emotional and passionate fanbases, but they do at least boast the honour of being located in 'footballing hotbeds' (official criteria: anywhere north of Lincoln, and of course all of south London). 

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I can understand it. In the build up to the game he and Ten Haag have been asking their supports to respect each other and not sing certain songs. If he'd done it he'd have been pulled up for it, sadly. 

This is the kind of #respect pish that turns me into a foaming-at-the-mouth da'. Horrendous stuff.

25 minutes ago, velo army said:

This is the kind of #respect pish that turns me into a foaming-at-the-mouth da'. Horrendous stuff.

I’m not sure why managers asking their respective supports not to mock mass tragedies is anything hugely controversial…

Unless I am being whooshed of course. 

On 05/03/2023 at 07:03, AMMjag said:

Just another off day for West Ham's £150million midfield colossus.

He's having a dreadful season and looking more like Danny Drinkwater every game.

Swapping De Gea to the bench for Ward was a rare fantasy football masterstroke.

But on the subject of goalkeepers there was a definitely lol worthy moment in Sundays other game. Pickford, who basically chucked the first one directly to an attacker, made big licks to shift the ball out left for his monster kick over to scalf it direct into the stand under no pressure. It's something that you would look out on place at any level, dreadful and from an awful man/player to boot.

8 hours ago, Lurkst said:

On the flipside who was the last Ferguson era player to get a game for United?

7 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

David De Gea

Ah right cheers, so the Fergie era is still continuing 🙂