EPL 2022/23

I'd give my opinion on the save from the defender there but given how often you see "handball" given and a similar "handball" then not given, I'm happy to admit I clearly don't have a fucking clue what the handball rule is anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It's not a handball according to the new rules, but Peter Walton thinks it's a handball anyway.

I thought the new rules said if you’re supporting your weight on the ground and it hits your arm it isn’t a handball - but Soucek hasn’t even arrived on the deck yet, he’s basically made a diving save there. Meanwhile penalties are given left, right and centre when the ball deflects on to an arm from a couple of feet away. Crazy.

I detest that pimped club but that was clearly a penalty in the spirit of the game, regardless of what mental gymnastics the lawmakers and officials go through to justify their decision. Like the offside law, this latest handball interpretation isn't fit for purpose and has helped destroy a relatively simple game.

Edited by IncomingExile

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Eric Dier is a travesty of a footballer.

He's such a fraud.

That being said. Leicester have been excellent in this one, signing Harry Souttar looks to be a good piece of business for them and Rodgers has got Barnes, Ihenancho, and Maddison back playing their best

41 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Nathan Jones is waaaay out of his depth as a Premier League manager

Actually, I think you’ll find that, statistically, he’s one of Europe’s leading managers but being forced to compromise his amazing principles by the moronic fanbase at Southampton.

Or something like that. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Actually, I think you’ll find that, statistically, he’s one of Europe’s leading managers but being forced to compromise his amazing principles by the moronic fanbase at Southampton.

Or something like that. 

Hes claiming they only lost because Wolves got a man sent off. Meant Wolves had nothing to lose and all the pressure was put onto Southampton.