EPL 2022/23

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’ve been watching Queen’s Park v Ayr. Has this one been as turgid as the scoreline suggests?

Fulham were pretty decent. Potter fast running out of excuses with another deeply fraudulent performance. 

Can’t say I’d heard or any of the Chelsea signings except for Mudryk and that’s just cause he played well against Celtic. Genuine question though, if Fernandez signed for Rangers, do they win the league? Is he man of the match every game and is he running rings round everyone? For 100 million quid that’s what you’d expect. The transfer market down there has been going mad down there for years but this January has been completely ridiculous. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Fernandez? Enzo Fernandez? The Enzo Fernandez who was a vital part of Argentina winning the world cup? Aye, I think he'd do alright in the SPFL.

That's not the question though, is it? The question is "is he a difference maker, someone that would win you a league". Emi Martinez, Christian Romeo and Alexis Mac Allister were all vital parts of that squad but would they take a team to the title? Would one of them - on their own, without the supporting cast they won the World Cup with - elevate a team so much that they could win every game comfortably and make up what, 9 points on a rival? 

Fernandez is a super player, but is he a massive difference maker to Chelsea? Is he on his own going to be able to turn round a 10 point deficit to get them into the top 4? Is he alone going to make Chelsea title contenders next season? In that context, £107 million looks like Benfica have seen them coming a mile off.

9 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Can’t say I’d heard or any of the Chelsea signings except for Mudryk and that’s just cause he played well against Celtic. Genuine question though, if Fernandez signed for Rangers, do they win the league? Is he man of the match every game and is he running rings round everyone? For 100 million quid that’s what you’d expect. The transfer market down there has been going mad down there for years but this January has been completely ridiculous. 

He’s a 22 year old that’s just played a pivotal part in winning the World Cup for his country, and would most likely start for any team on the planet. £100 million might look cheap in a few years depending on how he gets on. 

I like Potter as a manager and I thought he deserved his chance at a bigger club, but him and Chelsea just don’t seem to suit. It’s not his fault that the club has went out and spent a quarter of a billion quid, but if he doesn’t start winning games with these players then it’s going to really harm his reputation at the top level. 

I might have dreamt this but did they not sign Nkunku from Liepzig too? I was sure I seen confirmation but not heard anything since. Might be an idea to start signing some defenders. Silva can’t have many years left in him and guys like Cucurella and Azpilecueta are nowhere near the calibre of player required to win the league or UCL, and you could add Gallagher, Mount, Chilwell and Havertz to that list as well. How can a club spend a quarter of a billion pounds and still end up with a midfield including Mount and Gallagher :lol: