EPL 2022/23

On 21/01/2023 at 21:56, DrewDon said:

Look, if Dychey can't be persuaded to take the reigns at Goodison, the hierarchy could do much worse than get Joe involved again in some capacity. 

There is a Merseyside derby in February, I note, under the lights at Anfield. Imagine if those players were addressed by Joe Royle and Peter Reid in the away dressing room before kick-off. Now, that would be proper Ev. I wouldn't want to be a Liverpool player that night!

I am delighted to announce that Richard Keys has now endorsed my shout from 21st January for Peter 'Reidy' Reid to return to Goodison Park: 

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

The day the English football financial bubble bursts will be one of the best days in the history of football.

Brighton & Hove Albion turning down a £70 million offer for a player was not something I could see coming a few years ago.

Dychey will see Everton safe - I'd have Bournemouth and Forest to go down and I'm not convinced Southampton have played their new manager card very well.

I don't think the squad is that bad and I'd draw comparisons to Crystal Palace a few years ago, when Allardyce made one signing in Patrick Van Aanholt that somehow just completed the team and saw them grind out results. A credible 'big lump up front' type signing with the Gordon money should get the Dycheball rolling.

Supposedly Chelsea are ready to chuck £115 million to Benfica for Fernandez as well as muscling in on Arsenal's attempts to get Caicedo from Brighton.

Feels like a return to the "f**k it; buy anyone and everyone" approach to squad building of the early Abramovich era.

4 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Are Chelsea aware you can only have 11 guys on the pitch at a time?

I can only assume that because they're level on points with Liverpool halfway through the season that they've gotten confused and think they are in a title race. 

46 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The best outcome here is that these players on the ridiculous 8 year contracts aren't good enough and Chelsea end up with them refusing to leave, thus crippling the club. 

UEFA have already reacted to these long contracts that Chelsea have been dishing out at least - https://talksport.com/football/1312100/uefa-financial-fair-play-limit-chelsea-transfers-mykhailo-mudryk/