EPL 2022/23

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Delighted to make my debut on talkSPORT this evening. Hopefully my Scouse accent didn't slip too often. 

A classy touch on the Ray Wilkins shout-out 👏 

There can be no doubt that one of our great institutions are now in crisis, playing football that is... not exciting.

Frank will go, sure. But my first act as chairman tonight would be to get all of those players out on the Goodison Park surface and sat in a circle around big Joe Royle, who can tell them a story or forty about what it means to pull on that shirt.

44 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

A classy touch on the Ray Wilkins shout-out 👏 

There can be no doubt that one of our great institutions are now in crisis, playing football that is... not exciting.

Frank will go, sure. But my first act as chairman tonight would be to get all of those players out on the Goodison Park surface and sat in a circle around big Joe Royle, who can tell them a story or forty about what it means to pull on that shirt.

Look, if Dychey can't be persuaded to take the reigns at Goodison, the hierarchy could do much worse than get Joe involved again in some capacity. 

There is a Merseyside derby in February, I note, under the lights at Anfield. Imagine if those players were addressed by Joe Royle and Peter Reid in the away dressing room before kick-off. Now, that would be proper Ev. I wouldn't want to be a Liverpool player that night!

Tierney to move on from Arsenal in the summer? Clearly Arteta doesn’t fancy him to be play in that midfield role that he expects from his full backs. Was even hooked early on in the recent FA Cup game.

6 minutes ago, tintax said:

Tierney to move on from Arsenal in the summer? Clearly Arteta doesn’t fancy him to be play in that midfield role that he expects from his full backs. Was even hooked early on in the recent FA Cup game.

City a potential destination apparently with Guardiola not happy with Sergio Gomez