EPL 2022/23

We've got a guy here who, it was widely reported by numerous media outlets, told his legal team that the lassie who accused him of rape did indeed say 'no' and 'stop' several times during the incident, and that he apologised to her after.

Yet, it's criticising Harry McGuire's dessert choices that really push him beyond the pale for footballing society.

On 14/11/2022 at 05:43, Satoshi said:

Ronaldo, undoubtedly one of the best players of all time, has always been a pathetic, spoiled man child and nothing he has done is remotely surprising given how desperate he is to be the certain of attention. The kind of guy who can never retire as his life will have no other meaning.

I wonder if being such a toxic personality actually helped him become the player he is, obsessive perfectionism means you're a bit of a w****r but it does help you stay on top of your fitness.

Can you imagine meeting him? I would probably cross the road to avoid him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/22/ronaldo-wanted-to-be-centre-stage-but-now-has-to-head-for-the-exit-door

"Ronaldo’s demons are different, but he was never a team man. That has always been the doubt, particularly as pressing became increasingly important. He won four Champions Leagues with Real Madrid and had a happy knack of scoring not just lots of goals but also decisive goals. But there was a reason Madrid were prepared to let him go. And so began a pattern that has defined his last five seasons. In three seasons at Juventus, Ronaldo scored 81 league goals, but the team got worse, and never scored as many in a single season as they had the year before he arrived.

At United it was similar. There were those who celebrated the 18 league goals he scored last season as a remarkable effort in a failing team, the only bulwark between United and humiliation, but the fact is rather that he was the antidote to a problem he caused. In 2020-21, without Ronaldo, United had a clearly defined if basic system, sitting deep and attacking at pace on the break and finished second, scoring 73 goals and totalling 74 points; the following season, with Ronaldo, that fluency was lost and they finished sixth, scoring 57 goals and totalling 58 points."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/nov/25/david-beckham-and-a-manchester-united-bid-what-could-go-wrong

"When I want a peerage,” sniffed Alfred Harmsworth (later Lord Northcliffe), “I shall buy one like an honest man.” So yes: I want to begin with an apology for a ridiculous statement in my most recent column, which held that David Beckham’s mega-lucrative Qatar promotional deal meant he has been “wearing the face of a man who knows he is never going to get his knighthood now”. This was obviously wrong. Having been paid a reported £150m for his work shilling for the Qatari regime, David is in fact even better placed to buy a knighthood than he was before, and could easily run to a peerage."

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Trackdaybob said:

Yeah!!! But Harry Kane. Or something. :lol:

Still waiting for his star to fall...

They are losing their discipline. I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up a red card.