EPL 2022/23

The best players want to play at the clubs where they are most likely to win the Champions League.

The money at that level is basically all the same thing, so if City look like they will hoover up a few CLs, then Haaland will stick around as it would be daft to leave.

Doesn't mean he won't want to tick the Real Madrid box eventually, but it's hard to see why he'd be in a rush.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The best players want to play at the clubs where they are most likely to win the Champions League.

The money at that level is basically all the same thing, so if City look like they will hoover up a few CLs, then Haaland will stick around as it would be daft to leave.

Doesn't mean he won't want to tick the Real Madrid box eventually, but it's hard to see why he'd be in a rush.

It's always seemed to me that the best players can get paid more in the likes of Spain but if you are the level below you will probably get more in the EPL. Plus you don't have to live in England.

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Leicester v Forest this evening.

You would have to think the losing manager might not be in post for his team's next fixture.

It's what Football Manager would call "El Sackico".

In fact, if you Google "El Sackico" this game comes up.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Haaland's pass for the 4th (?) goal was absolutely sumptuous. Genuinely the highlight of the game for me.

Close one, but when the ball left De Bruyne's foot for the 3rd goal and bent towards Haaland, for a split second I thought 'ooft, great pass but unlucky'. Then the big freak seemed to teleport a few yards forward and stab it in. That was the 'fucking hell' moment of the match for me.