EPL 2022/23

Wow. Breathtaking game. I am sure that I will not be alone in thinking this.

I am an intellectual, so naturally enjoyed that game much more than the earlier match (which was also an excellent spectacle, by the way).

I am going to watch the full ninety minutes back right away so that I can review it from a tactical standpoint. 

It might be if Haaland was inclined to stay at any one club for more than 2 or 3 years. 
The same was said about Pep but he's bucked the trend...Haaland might go after a few years or he might stay a while longer....who knows what'll happen in the next few years

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think Guardiola is there until he wins the Gazprom with them. 

He'd be pretty daft to leave. He's on an absolute fortune and gets whatever he desires.

Same with Halaand. He'll do at least 5 years at City IMO.

He'd be pretty daft to leave. He's on an absolute fortune and gets whatever he desires.

It’s the same pish that was being spouted when Pep arrived.
I wouldn’t blame him for going to one of the Spanish giants, after all it’s pretty much any footballers dream, but in reality he will be taking a step downwards, in all probability……

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Wow. Breathtaking game. I am sure that I will not be alone in thinking this.

I am an intellectual, so naturally enjoyed that game much more than the earlier match (which was also an excellent spectacle, by the way).

I am going to watch the full ninety minutes back right away so that I can review it from a tactical standpoint. 

What time will your grandiose article on The Athletic be available?

On 02/10/2022 at 01:53, velo army said:

Can you imagine the heid's gone from the Liverpool fans were Klopp to drop or, even better, replace him? 

I might even get a twitter account for it.

If Klopp ever leaves Liverpool Trent will be almost certainly dropped. Most managers don't roll the dice like that, he would be better suited to playing for Bayern Munich than staying in England where his liabilities are far more often exposed.

16 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I thought the days of Man getting totally fucked were over as well. 

Amusing word left out.

10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s the same pish that was being spouted when Pep arrived.
I wouldn’t blame him for going to one of the Spanish giants, after all it’s pretty much any footballers dream, but in reality he will be taking a step downwards, in all probability……

There's a reason all players want to play for Real or Barcelona, they are head and shoulders ahead of all others in terms of prestige. Doesn't really apply to Pep given he has already managed one and could never go to the other.

Haaland undoubtedly preferred Real this season but they instead focused on Mbappe, and couldn't play him alongside Benzema anyway.

Once Benzema is gone Haaland will be in and fairly quickly too.

He's too good for Man City, he's too good for the EPL. Needs to test himself at the highest level and that is Spain's big two, has been for the last two decades.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

If Klopp ever leaves Liverpool Trent will be almost certainly dropped. Most managers don't roll the dice like that, he would be better suited to playing for Bayern Munich than staying in England where his liabilities are far more often exposed.

Amusing word left out.

There's a reason all players want to play for Real or Barcelona, they are head and shoulders ahead of all others in terms of prestige. Doesn't really apply to Pep given he has already managed one and could never go to the other.

Haaland undoubtedly preferred Real this season but they instead focused on Mbappe, and couldn't play him alongside Benzema anyway.

Once Benzema is gone Haaland will be in and fairly quickly too.

He's too good for Man City, he's too good for the EPL. Needs to test himself at the highest level and that is Spain's big two, has been for the last two decades.

That's my thinking too.  The pull of playing for Real or Barca is enough for any footballer to leave the Barclays.  Well any non-Englishman anyway.  That's why it happens all the time.