EPL 2022/23

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Can't be long for Brendan now. I guess it depends when the owner comes up with a severance package. Has been a success overall but now City have conceded the most goals from the start of Barclays season. Even worse than the Derby County bin fire.

He would go with the best wishes of most Foxes fans as has achieved rekative successes compared to some far bigger clubs over his period in charge.

Recruitment was stunted by the Southampton head of recruitment being on gardening leave resulting on a dearth of incoming players. 

Total lack of plan B on that front though.

Getting linked with Brentford head coach. Something I don't like about him but could be a decent signing. 

Will it be enough for another great escape like the season before the league was won? I'm not too confident but not impossible. 

Right, I'll give you a name for Leicester: Joey Barton. What a job he has done with Bristol Rovers, by the way - and he can land a blow for British coaching by restoring some pride to the Foxes. 

12 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Or because of all the hilarious ''Barclays'' banter there's nothing else on the thread.

There is that. Every time I get a notification there is a mew post on this chat I wonder if there's been a sacking or a signing or maybe some footage of a good piece of play but sadly not. Maybe best rename this thread to "#Barclays" and general football chat can go elsewhere.

On 19/09/2022 at 00:17, DrewDon said:

Yes. Leeds are about as proper as it gets.

"Jessie March" or whatever he is called needs to be emptied immediately, though.

Actually, on that note, I was having a quick round of golf with Dychey the other day. He was in typically great form and is looking for an opportunity to get back in the game.

Whisper it quietly, but the Yorkshire outfit could do significantly worse than getting a top, top operator like Dychey through the door to help them out when the Yank is inevitably forced to crawl back off to the "New York Hurricanes" or the "Chicago Earthquakes" by the turn of the year. 

Absolute cringe-worthy sports patter that. Adding a 'y' or 'z' or 'o' etc onto an individuals name to give them a longer and sadder nickname than just their normal adult name is playground stuff.

Yes. Leeds are about as proper as it gets.
"Jessie March" or whatever he is called needs to be emptied immediately, though.
Actually, on that note, I was having a quick round of golf with Dychey the other day. He was in typically great form and is looking for an opportunity to get back in the game.
Whisper it quietly, but the Yorkshire outfit could do significantly worse than getting a top, top operator like Dychey through the door to help them out when the Yank is inevitably forced to crawl back off to the "New York Hurricanes" or the "Chicago Earthquakes" by the turn of the year. 

A pal of mine down south and long standing STH at Burnley shared that; Seán Dyche recently headed back up to Burnley from his Northants home to honour a promise he made before his departure from Turf Moor, to visit a local pub renamed after him ‘The Royal Dyche’ (previously The Princess Royal).
Dyche held an impromptu ‘lock-in’ Q&A session with fans spending over 2 hours reflecting on his time as Burnley Manager and his future plans. A few regrets understandably but no excuses or sour grapes. On leaving he paid the bar tab in full. Sounds like a decent chap.

On 20/09/2022 at 07:56, Salvo Montalbano said:

There is that. Every time I get a notification there is a mew post on this chat I wonder if there's been a sacking or a signing or maybe some footage of a good piece of play but sadly not. Maybe best rename this thread to "#Barclays" and general football chat can go elsewhere.

Indeed. Plus Man United perking up a bit will be a factor too. 

On 20/09/2022 at 00:12, bdu98196 said:

Absolute cringe-worthy sports patter that. Adding a 'y' or 'z' or 'o' etc onto an individuals name to give them a longer and sadder nickname than just their normal adult name is playground stuff.

bdu98196y isn't #Barclays topic level. Needs a spell in the Championship first.

When there's football to talk about it gets talked about tbf, but im not sure you can expect a foreign league which is utterly determined to turn itself into a pantomime not to get the pish took out it from time to time.

Fabian Delph has retired at the age of 32: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63052878.amp

A truly bang average career ended t̶o̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶

A better left back than a midfielder ironically. Would have had a starting position in his preferred Midfield position at any EPL team apart from either of the Manchester clubs. At City because he was a mile off around 10 players and at United because he’d have have shown around 20 players how utterly shite they were.

Bit annoying that the Norf Landaaan Derby is the same time as the Hearts Ramgers game today. Should be an interesting watch, as a good test of both teams credentials. Winner stays/goes top.

I think Spurs will sneak this one today and then City will take top spot tomorrow, where they will remain for the duration. Spurs to finish second.