EPL 2022/23

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

English managers are diddies and have been since Howard Kendall.

@Bairnardo is spot-on, they'll make every excuse in the book for Potter if he doesn't do well. For what it's worth I think Potter is different to your usual English manager and will do well. Probably because he didn't actually cut his teeth in England.

Absolutely, I find Potter to be a likeable guy, and he's clearly a good manager, but the idea that Chelsea, recent European Champions and spenders of over ¼ of a billion in summer alone, are some sort of rebuild project and fans have to temper their expectations is nonsense designed purely as a pre excuse, for a man who hasn't asked anyone to make excuses for him..... 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Where is the North/South divide? Milton Keynes?

This year it’s pretty well defined as you have seven London clubs plus Southampton, Brighton and Bournemouth. Anyone midlands and up go in the North team.

Last year there were seven in London* and two on the South coast so you’d need to pick one from Norwich, Leicester, Aston Villa or Wolves to be in the South team. Villa slightly furthest south out of them.

It’s have to be fluid year to year. Villa for example would change what side they’re in depending on how many London/South coast clubs are in the EPL that year. 

* Well technically six in London and Watford right on the edge of London.

How are various other Prem games going ahead but one in Manchester can't?

Or is it because of the liklihood of arsehole behaviour at that particular fixture?
I'd guess Man U vs Leeds is a 'Category C' or 'Category C-ir*' which are the highest policing categories for games.

*ir=increased risk

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How are various other Prem games going ahead but one in Manchester can't?

Or is it because of the liklihood of arsehole behaviour at that particular fixture?

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd guess Man U vs Leeds is a 'Category C' or 'Category C-ir*' which are the highest policing categories for games.

*ir=increased risk

Exactly, they couldn't guarantee that there would be enough at that game which is one they'd have extra police at, whereas Brentford v Arsenal is seen as low risk enough that despite it being in London it can go ahead. The Brighton game was originally postponed due to the rail strike so they decided just not to un-postpone it to allow the police to go to London I believe.