EPL 2022/23

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

On the Newcastle one, I'm not convinced they've got it wrong by disallowing the goal. Willock has absolutely smashed the goalkeeper, and even though he was pushed, Newcastle really shouldn't able to benefit from that to such an extent. You also can't really say "well the two fouls cancel each other out" like they might in the NFL.

I'm certain I'm in the minority, but that should have been no goal, penalty to Newcastle for me.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Because Willock has taken out the keeper.

This makes absolutely no sense when you consider (as you acknowledged) Willock was shoved into the keeper by a Palace player.

Just now, eez-eh said:

This makes absolutely no sense when you consider (as you acknowledged) Willock was shoved into the keeper by a Palace player.

The keeper has been prevented from playing the ball by an opponent who does not win the ball. That's a foul.

The player who impeded the keeper was fouled first, causing that foul.

As I said, I think it's extremely harsh to give a goal in that scenario, but I appreciate I'm in the minority. I've also seen online that Peter Walton agreed with me, which, frankly, is making me question my entire existence.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The keeper has been prevented from playing the ball by an opponent who does not win the ball. That's a foul.

The player who impeded the keeper was fouled first, causing that foul.

As I said, I think it's extremely harsh to give a goal in that scenario, but I appreciate I'm in the minority. I've also seen online that Peter Walton agreed with me, which, frankly, is making me question my entire existence.

He’s been prevented from winning the ball from his own teammate shoving someone into him. You can’t foul a teammate.

11 hours ago, eez-eh said:

The more I see of Jesse Marsch the more insufferable he gets.

I quite like him

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Jesse Marsch needs to learn how we conduct ourselves in this country - and fast.

He needs to cut out the curse words, the pitch encroachment, and start showing a bit of bloody respect to the officials. 

This is probably why

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

"Offside", not worth checking on VAR.

Screenshot_20220903-232956_WhatsApp.jpg

I believe the whistle had gone before the goal was scored so they can't check VAR

11 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

So, why did the whistle go? They're told to play on when there's a chance of a goal and VAR it afterwards.

That's where the mistake has been made, nothing to do with VAR. The officials have taken it upon themselves to remove VAR from the equation in that instance

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Honestly f**k off so much man.

An unbelievable strike that no one thought was wrong, yet you've got some VL spending five minutes stroking their pens trying to find a reason to rule it out.

Get it to f**k

Typo?