EPL 2022/23

From what I've seen of Forest, I really like the look of Gibbs White. Great technique. 

Lingaard has looked pretty hupny, plenty of ability but nowhere near the required workrate for a club like Forest or where they will likely be floating about. 

Scott McKenna is as Scott McKenna was. Shite.

14 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Utter riduculous VAR decision for Chelsea - if anything it's Mendy who's fouled the attacker not the other way round.

So I’ve watched this back and most people seem to agree with your view. I’m not convinced to be honest, and I think it’s quite a difficult decision to make. In slow motion, Mendy is travelling forward and his momentum is stopped by the West Ham player hitting him with his shin, so has the goalkeeper been obstructed in some way? But then I suppose you could also make the argument that you make in that Mendy fouls the attacker, although probably the attacker was not very wise to stay on his feet. Is it just a 50/50 tackle and did Mendy come out worse?

I genuinely don’t know what the rules of the game say - does the keeper get the benefit of the doubt or is that just a myth? It seems basically everyone thinks it’s not a foul so more than likely my judgement is wrong 😂

On the Newcastle one, I'm not convinced they've got it wrong by disallowing the goal. Willock has absolutely smashed the goalkeeper, and even though he was pushed, Newcastle really shouldn't able to benefit from that to such an extent. You also can't really say "well the two fouls cancel each other out" like they might in the NFL.

I'm certain I'm in the minority, but that should have been no goal, penalty to Newcastle for me.

20 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

On the Newcastle one, I'm not convinced they've got it wrong by disallowing the goal. Willock has absolutely smashed the goalkeeper, and even though he was pushed, Newcastle really shouldn't able to benefit from that to such an extent. You also can't really say "well the two fouls cancel each other out" like they might in the NFL.

I'm certain I'm in the minority, but that should have been no goal, penalty to Newcastle for me.

if you think its a penalty why not award the goal - play the advantage surely?