EPL 2022/23

6 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Tbf you had goons on here after the Community Shield comparing him to Timo Werner because he had one bad game.

It’s mental. The Bundesliga is one of the top 5 leagues and he scored about 8000 goals in it. He hasn’t signed from the fucking Belgian league or something. He’s clearly world class and will score loads wherever he plays. 

I'm not sure anybody serious doesn't think he will score goals, the question is whether he will make a difference to Man City, especially at Champions League level. With or without Haarland they are more than capable of scudding teams for 4, 5 or 6, especially at home. The one thing in his favour is that he doesn't need too many touches to score - I think I heard he only had 16 touches v Palace but still got a hat trick - and that will be important in the CL knock out rounds. Augerro was capable of similar though and it didn't do them any good, so we'll see how it goes.

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's scandalous from the ref. 7 minutes into 5 minutes added time.

Pope's injury took 90 seconds - the ball went out for the final corner just short of 96:30. Also during stoppage time, Joelinton twice kicked the ball away after Newcastle conceded free kicks. Time for the corner to be taken was therefore completely appropriate. 

2 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Haaland is magnificent. He'll eclipse Augero in the EPL but he's obviously there to win City the CL before he goes to Real for £150m in two years time. 

That's what I was thinking.  He'll be at Real by the time he's 25.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's what I was thinking.  He'll be at Real by the time he's 25.

Can't be bothered checking but I think a release clause of £150m kicks in after two seasons. Just in time for Real to have the renovations fully completed and Benzema starting to put his feet up. A nice payday at City for him, his dad and Raiola's heirs plus some trophies before it all happening again at where he really wants to be. 

17 hours ago, DMCs said:

Cancelo is just ridiculous. Best full back in the world.

It's scary that the best Left Back in the league is actually a Right Back playing out of position. Just imagine the nausea inducing love fest if he was English

14 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Tbf you had goons on here after the Community Shield comparing him to Timo Werner because he had one bad game.

Not just that, he went into that game having only played 40 minutes in pre-season

5 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Haaland is magnificent. He'll eclipse Augero in the EPL but he's obviously there to win City the CL before he goes to Real for £150m in two years time. 

When I watched him against Newcastle last week live he looks like he is jogging but he is absolutely rapid, it is like he is built in a factory like Ivan Drago.

He is so physical and dominant but has the skills and speed to match, Shearer predicted he will net 40 goals and he won't be far off the way he is going.