EPL 2022/23

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Bournemouth sacking the manager 48 hours before the transfer window shuts is mental regardless of the wknd pumping. What now, they bring someone in and force them to work with the 'ill equipped' squad?

Unless the board just go full FM and spend on anyone & anything? Perhaps they have or have someone in the wings to be appointed this afternoon and still go full spending mode. It'll be like a football version of supermarket sweep, grabbing what you can while being ripped of all because clubs smell the desperation.

Sounds more like the issue was that they have no intention on spending and don't trust Parker to get the most from the current lot.

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Bournemouth sacking the manager 48 hours before the transfer window shuts is mental regardless of the wknd pumping. What now, they bring someone in and force them to work with the 'ill equipped' squad?

Unless the board just go full FM and spend on anyone & anything? Perhaps they have or have someone in the wings to be appointed this afternoon and still go full spending mode. It'll be like a football version of supermarket sweep, grabbing what you can while being ripped of all because clubs smell the desperation.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Parker has been critical of the Bournemouth board and their lack of transfer funds on a couple of occasions, I guess the board ran out of patience.  

That being said, Parker is correct in that they need to recruit in order to avoid more pumpings this season.  This squad is nowhere near good enough to stay up

I wonder if it was a last attempt by Parker to force the board to spend some money, knowing that either way he wins. Either they cave to fan pressure generated by his comments and get a few signings in, or they sack him meaning he avoids having the inevitable relegation on his CV and gets a nice pay off.

He will walk into the next top Championship job that comes up and a season of hammerings in the Premier League would only have done him harm.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd have thought Arsenal would benefit from playing Zinchenko in the defensive midfield role, and he can provide competent cover for KT when he's injured.

Its not a shoehorned situation, they are both class players you would want to play and I'm sure it could be argues that midfield is actually Zinchenkos best position.

His performance at Hampden in that role was one of the best I've seen against a Scotland side. Obviously it was only against a rotten Scotland team but he was still excellent, I'd really like to see him in that midfield role against better sides and see how he does.

6 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Sounds like it was his interview after the game more than the game itself that’s led to it.

Or thats just the way Bournemouth are sugar-coating it.

If I was in charge I would've sacked him for not leathering Klopp after he put his arm round him.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I'd have thought Arsenal would benefit from playing Zinchenko in the defensive midfield role, and he can provide competent cover for KT when he's injured.

Its not a shoehorned situation, they are both class players you would want to play and I'm sure it could be argues that midfield is actually Zinchenkos best position.

There was a suggestion that Zinchenko moved to Arsenal actually to play in that midfield position rather than left back, but that he’s happy to cover there when Tierney is injured.  

I think at some point you’ll see them both in the team, especially since against Palace, they brought on Tierney to strengthen the defence since Zinchenko was getting caught out and targeted a bit. I am not sure they’ll start with him at Left back against the stronger teams. 

To be honest, I've never been all that convinced that this Thomas Tuchel has the kind of calibre required to manage The Chels.

Managing in your half empty grounds in the German liga is one thing, it's another level to get your results at the likes of Elland Road, St Mary's, the American Express, etc.

Tell you what, here's a name for you: John Terry.

6 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

To be honest, I've never been all that convinced that this Thomas Tuchel has the kind of calibre required to manage The Chels.

Managing in your half empty grounds in the German liga is one thing, it's another level to get your results at the likes of Elland Road, St Mary's, the American Express, etc.

Tell you what, here's a name for you: John Terry.

I'm going to give you another one. And you might laugh at me, right? I'm going give you another one: Roberto Martinez.

I see Haaland is, as expected, making mincemeat out of the Barclays defenders, despite every Nigel saying he wouldn’t score a barrow load in the best league in the world. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I see Haaland is, as expected, making mincemeat out of the Barclays defenders, despite every Nigel saying he wouldn’t score a barrow load in the best league in the world. 

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

That guy is a fucking moron. His watch along of the Euros final last year is savoury. The way his voice wavers at the end is fantastic.