EPL 2022/23

You haven't answered what's ridiculous, though. There is nothing wrong with being offended if something is genuinely bad. But replacing the word "man" with "player", presumably so that the term can be used interchangeably in men's or women's matches, hardly seems worth getting worked up about. As J_Stewart said, you say "player of the year", "player of the month". "Player of the match" seems perfectly sensible.
What is wrong with saying Woman of the Match though? Do we need to have the same terms across two different types of sport?

I don't know why it's been changed. But I'd find it pretty pathetic/ridiculous IF it's been changed because the term has offended someone. That's what I find ridiculous as I said. I'm by no means "offended" though.

But why do you think it has offended someone? You seem to have been angered by a conversation that took place in your head. "Player of the match" makes more sense anyway, "man of the match" could be the referee or a really talented physio. [emoji3]
This is true. I've dived in thinking it was because someone was offended with "Man". You'll have to forgive me but it's no surprise given how petty things seem to be just now is it?

The Souness comment being the latest example.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What is wrong with saying Woman of the Match though? Do we need to have the same terms across two different types of sport?

I don't know why it's been changed. But I'd find it pretty pathetic/ridiculous IF it's been changed because the term has offended someone. That's what I find ridiculous as I said. I'm by no means "offended" though.

So you are annoyed, cos you have presumed the reason for the change is to annoy you?  fucking weird m8

29 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is true. I've dived in thinking it was because someone was offended with "Man". You'll have to forgive me but it's no surprise given how petty things seem to be just now is it?

The Souness comment being the latest example.

I think Souness is a twat, too. Sorry. As much for his weird comments about Mings as for the "man's game" thing.

So you are annoyed, cos you have presumed the reason for the change is to annoy you?  fucking weird m8

I'm not "annoyed" m8. Ridiculous and annoyed/offended are two entirely different things:-

I thought the Hearts boy's dive the other night was absolutely ridiculous. I wasn't annoyed or offended by it.

I think Souness is a twat, too. Sorry. As much for his weird comments about Mings as for the "man's game" thing.

He is indeed a walloper. His man's game thing was entirely OTT though.

7 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Why was the Crystal Palace goal chopped off when Ederson threw the ball and Edourd stuck her foot out?  

Cos Man City regularly come back from two down but not from three.

Jenas on MotD said that the ball hadn't fully left Ederson's hand but to me it looked like it had. Surprised that the ref didn't go to check. Didn't seem any legitimate reason to not give it but maybe there wouldn't be enough to overturn the original decision. I'd rather refs gave goals then used VAR instead of disallowing them first because the bar is quite high to overrule for exactly thus kind of scenario. 

On Tierney, I think his and Robertson's struggles of late have been a result of how fluid the full-backs need to be at top teams. There's so much positional rotation that sometimes Robertson's in the back four, sometimes he's in midfield, sometimes he's an inside forward and sometimes he's on the left wing. Tierney at Arsenal is similar. 

While Robertson's developed his game a lot over the years and is a much more rounded player, he and Tierney are still at their best on the wing delivering crosses which is just a small part of what they're asked to do nowadays. 

The left-winger at both clubs has also changed which has had an effect. At Arsenal, Tierney had Smith-Rowe usually sitting narrower which suited Tierney to bomb on, while Martinelli will stay wider for more of the game. Diaz at Liverpool is similar.