EPL 2022/23

Great entertainment that. Always fun watching Klopp disintigrate on the touchline, his interview will be a good laugh.

Old Trafford (rightly) gets a bad rep for it's atmosphere, but on big nights where United are up against it/slight underdogs it can be brilliant*. I went to the CL semi against Barcelona in 2008 and it was amongst the best atmospheres i've experienced. Aggressive as f**k. Tonight was a wee bit like that for the first half our or so, and the last 20 minutes which really helped.Β 

This probably puts to bed the Ronaldo debate if there even was one. He's a great finisher but absolutely fucks the rest of their play. Much more effective without him.Β 

*aware this applies to near enough every ground, but aye.

Edited by Fratelli

Peak Ole-ball tbh. Not sure it can be replicated against much of the league, but it does show that Ten Hag is more adaptable than we might have thought.

I'm sure they'll go on another 15-game winning run at some point this season, but Liverpool looked done just like they did around 18 months ago. That'll no doubt be sorted once players start coming back though.

While I agree with the comments above about Manchester United not exactly approaching Brazil 1970 levels of quality, I did enjoy their performance tonight.

Β 

The pace in their team and being direct with their passing as well as hounding Liverpool at times was an enjoyable mix as a neutral. Even more enjoyable was seeing the fraud that is Alexander Arnold exposed time and time again.

Β 

I thought Fred coming on really disrupted the Manchester United midfield and from there they were defending deeper and struggling to keep a grip on midfield. Ronaldo being a bit part player is also extremely pleasing.

Peak Ole-ball tbh. Not sure it can be replicated against much of the league, but it does show that Ten Hag is more adaptable than we might have thought.

I'm sure they'll go on another 15-game winning run at some point this season, but Liverpool looked done just like they did around 18 months ago. That'll no doubt be sorted once players start coming back though.
They have a real lack of depth and Mane is irreplaceable.

If one or more of their key players gets injured then they could struggle this season.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Roy Keane hated every fucking second of that Stormzy cameo.

He was a fraction away from (rightly) going β€˜β€¦.awww, for fucks’ sake!!!’ when Stormzy was invited over.

Edited by ArabGaz

Coming up to this game I had a nagging feeling Man Utd would pull something out the bag even if it ruined my fantasy football weekend (slight bail out by captain Salah).

McDomiate completely the full 90, he will have a big part to play this season.

Liverpool's bench looked dreadful and the 3 in midfield + Gomez and Firmino are clearly not of the required standard. You cant be carrying 5 jobbers no matter how talented the rest of your team is.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

McDomiate completely the full 90, he will have a big part to play this season.

He's not from overseas with a fancy name, tan or stylish haircut and isn't English so can't be built up as a great hope - he will be a bench warmer unless he moves on. ManU will continue to spend this window so the Glazers get the fans off their backs and moneyball all kinds of bang average, over priced dross into the team because after 1 game in Ten Hag they now trust and the fickle fans will cream over it and any bad display will always be laid at the feet of McT.

The Klopp method seems to come with these peaks and troughs. It must be physically impossible to maintain the levels they reach when they are at their best. Like you say, we have seen this mediocrity from this Liverpool team before.

Say what you want about how pish Liverpool were it’s still exciting to see Man Utd bounce back like that following the Brentford game and playing with a bit of passion for once. Also the crowd were up for it on a Monday night which was a welcome change.