EPL 2022/23

Good to see The Arse back to their fluent, free-flowing best. 

The Manchester City fairytale is compelling, but you can't tell me it's not important to have your traditional clubs at the top end of the Barclays Premiership. I'm talking about your Arsenals, your Chelseas, your Tottenham Hotspurs.

The Manchester City fairytale is compelling, but you can't tell me it's not important to have your traditional clubs at the top end of the Barclays Premiership. I'm talking about your Arsenals, your Chelseas, your Tottenham Hotspurs.
The #Barclays needs the big six showing the type of form that led them to try and leave the #Barclays for a show pony league.

One of the most hairbrained takes I've ever seen was someone saying Wilfred Zaha should be embarrassed by his career, should have done much better etc. Yeah he should have been playing in European competitions but he's a hero at the club he grew up at, is a top player in a great league, and has made a fortune while playing international football. 

Zaha is exactly where I'd expect him to be tbh. He has refined himself well as a player over the last few years from the raw, flair player we saw at Man U but is still only a mid table player and doesn't really exceed expectations there IMO.

Fucking Spurs?!?

2 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

VAR is absolute shite isn't it?

Palace and in particular, Brentford, getting goals chalked off for marginal offsides that the attackers gained no real advantage from. Correct by letter of the arbitrary rules they apply to it and a nonsense quite frankly.

The Palace offside isn't even correct, it's based entirely on a stack of nonsense diagram made up in a basement somewhere. Which still shows that he is level at worst and therefore onside.

VAR checks should have a time limit: I'm thinking 15 seconds. If the poindexters watching the screen can't identify a clear error in that timeframe, then the official's original decision should stand.