EPL 2022/23

3 hours ago, sparky88 said:

TV companies can dress ex footballers in all the  suits they like, but they are still thick as mince idiots. They should expect this kind of behaviour. 

You wouldnt catch Gabriele Marcotti or Fabrizio Romano belittling women's football or spitting in someone's face 

Marcotti and Romano wouldn't last ten seconds in the marketplace of ideas that is the beIN Sports studio with Keysie and big Andy on an average Sunday.

The point Graeme souness made such an awful attempt at making was that the players out there are robust enough to get involved in physical tussles on the pitch without the game constantly being stopped and players diving.. I don’t think he deserves to be branded as a disgrace for it.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Marcotti and Romano wouldn't last ten seconds in the marketplace of ideas that is the beIN Sports studio with Keysie and big Andy on an average Sunday.

It really is a #BreathOfFreshAir watching Bein every weekend as opposed to the PC shite served up by Sky and BT. Anything goes. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

The point Graeme souness made such an awful attempt at making was that the players out there are robust enough to get involved in physical tussles on the pitch without the game constantly being stopped and players diving.. I don’t think he deserves to be branded as a disgrace for it.

Souness has used the 'it's a man's game' and variations of the phrase numerous times before over the years, I remember it because I cringe whenever he says it. People trying to claim this was only in relation to some specific point are way off it. It's his chosen phrase when he wants to point out the game is too soft and should be more physical and the players tougher. You also hear it on Sportsound semi-regularly with the dinosaurs on there. You can believe that the game should be more physical and tougher without implying that those are somehow male traits, it's totally unnecessary and sooner or later was going to get picked on in today's culture.

It's not something that personally offends me, I just find it cringeworthy. And the pile-on is obviously ridiculous, but at the same time it is a phrase that is completely outdated and needs binned.

Everton would be crazy not to accept whatever improved offer Chelsea come back with for Gordon. Get rid of the diving wee shite and bring a quality striker in.
Reports that they want 50 million and that Chelsea aren't the only club interested.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

My Barclays 30 year badge arrived in the post this morning. Don’t know if I should put it on now or wait until MNF starts?

Just pop it on now. I wear a Barclays pin badge around the office at work now. Always good for striking up conversations with fellow enthusiasts in the lift or the staff canteen. Sometimes causes a bit of confusion if I go into a branch and they realise I'm not a member of staff, but that's just a minor inconvenience.