EPL 2022/23

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Bournemouth 33/1 to win at Man City on Saturday. Has any Premier League side been longer odds?

I dunno, but the likes of Norwich last season, Derby about 15 years ago, can’t have been far away at times.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

McTominay can’t even get a starting slot in the Scotland midfield. 

Fletcher was a first pick for Scotland when fit.

Would Varane? Would Bruno Fernandes given his form in the last 6 months? Would Sancho given his form since arrival? His output is less than Leandro Trossard. It's hard to fairly judge any United player at the moment, they are all underperforming.

What is an absolute, indisputable fact is that McTominay was a regular starter in a side that finished second. And that Mourinho, Solskjaer and Ragnick all rated him highly and played him regularly.

Scotland are actually particularly strong in central midfield and McTominay suits a 2 man midfield not 3, I'm not sure he gets into our team either. He's still clearly a good player though.

12 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Would Varane? Would Bruno Fernandes given his form in the last 6 months? Would Sancho given his form since arrival? His output is less than Leandro Trossard. It's hard to fairly judge any United player at the moment, they are all underperforming.

What is an absolute, indisputable fact is that McTominay was a regular starter in a side that finished second. And that Mourinho, Solskjaer and Ragnick all rated him highly and played him regularly.

Scotland are actually particularly strong in central midfield and McTominay suits a 2 man midfield not 3, I'm not sure he gets into our team either. He's still clearly a good player though.

So you agree that Fletcher was a far better player than McTominay?

Billy Gilmour who hardly kicked a ball for Chelsea had a starting slot in midfield against England on his first start for Scotland at a major tournament. If McTominay was such a great midfielder playing in the most expensive league in Europe then you would find a way to play him in midfield. He just does not dominate games or the opposition.

The fact that he is played out of position for the international team has cost Scotland key defeats due to a number of goals conceded where his inexperience and poor defensive position was exploited.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

Varane would be one of the first names on the Scotland team sheet when fit, yes. As would Sancho. Miles better than anything we have in their respective positions. As an attacking midfielder Fernandes would also easily start for Scotland. He starts for Portugal ffs.

Have you gone absolutely mental?

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

So you agree that Fletcher was a far better player than McTominay?

Billy Gilmour who hardly kicked a ball for Chelsea had a starting slot in midfield against England on his first start for Scotland at a major tournament. If McTominay was such a great midfielder playing in the most expensive league in Europe then you would find a way to play him in midfield. He just does not dominate games or the opposition.

The fact that he is played out of position for the international team has cost Scotland key defeats due to a number of goals conceded where his inexperience and poor defensive position was exploited.

No, I don't agree with that..

Gilmour is clearly a very different midfielder to McTominay, and played very well in that game.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Varane would be one of the first names on the Scotland team sheet when fit, yes. As would Sancho. Miles better than anything we have in their respective positions. As an attacking midfielder Fernandes would also easily start for Scotland. He starts for Portugal ffs.

Have you gone absolutely mental?

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

The idea of Steve Clarke having a fully fit Varane at his disposal and going ‘nah, I’ve got Grant Hanley and Jack Hendry, I don’t need him!’. 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

Well you can calm yourself down a bit because I was referring to those Man Utd players starting for other top 6 teams.

On his United form would you think Varane would be starting ahead of Dier? I asked earlier and it was ignored.

And yes, of course those players would start for Scotland. 

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Fair play like. I guess the mask cant ever go back on after a reveal like this, but its good stuff all the same. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fair play like. I guess the mask cant ever go back on after a reveal like this, but its good stuff all the same. 

Meh, not really, I was referring to the existing ongoing discussion on playing for other top 6 sides, not the discussion about Scotland.

Nevertheless, my mistake in the post so hold my hands up to that. It's clearly not a view I hold, although I posted extensively about why McTominay shouldn't be starting for Scotland (but is still a good player) in the past.

To prevent any further ambiguity - here is exactly what I mean. McTominay (and Freds) current form is being used to say they are terrible players, not good enough etc. They are scapegoats.

Where that falls down is that the whole team is underperforming. There is no doubt that Fernandes, Varane and Sancho are excellent players (I referred to Varanes excellent career earlier in the thread) but if you were to judge them on the peformances in the last 6 months to a year you could easily say that they wouldn't deserve to start for another top 6 side. It leads to the logically fallacy that Dier is a better player than Varane. He obviously isn't. But Man Utd is dragging all of their players down, McFred included.

McFred were starters when Man Utd finished second. That's something no Spurs or Arsenal midfielder has achieved with their club.

They are clearly good players, and are being scape goated at a club where everyone is underperforming (including higher profile players being paid a lot more).

McTominay is a better player than someone like Phillips (and dominated him when Man Utd played Leeds). He could be a squad player or possible starter at other top 6 clubs and other clubs in Europe. He's a good player rated by all of his managers.

Fans don't like him, but fans have blind spots on certain players. I'd back manager opinion ahead of fan opinion.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just catching up on the De Jong to Chelsea rumours. Tremendous bantering of United if he goes to another  #Barclays franchise having spent the whole summer desperately begging him to come. 

Will also give Ten Hag serious alarm bells that they were so unable to land his main target.

Tremendous banter if Chelsea are back to grossly overpaying for players too.

Top level players really are fucking pathetic. They are incredibly thick as well. Does that wee fanny not realise there are cameras everywhere that will instantly see Mings was nowhere near his face?