EPL 2022/23

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Bissouma going to Tottenham. Conte is making some quality signings.

Sarr, who was signed and then loaned to Metz last summer, is another arrival.

Skipp is back from Norwich too. Not sure they and Winks will fit into Conte's plans if at all. He'll want to sell at least one of them.

If Levy can sell Ndombele, Gil, Lo Celso and Bergwijn, there'll be more money for Conte to strengthen the squad.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Sarr, who was signed and then loaned to Metz last summer, is another arrival.

Skipp is back from Norwich too. Not sure they and Winks will fit into Conte's plans if at all. He'll want to sell at least one of them.

If Levy can sell Ndombele, Gil, Lo Celso and Bergwijn, there'll be more money for Conte to strengthen the squad.

Skipp wasn't at Norwich last season. He was in Spurs first team. Lots of competition in that area now. Winks will be first out the door along with the players you mentioned.

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Skipp wasn't at Norwich last season. He was in Spurs first team. Lots of competition in that area now. Winks will be first out the door along with the players you mentioned.

I'd forgotten that Skipp was injured rather than out on loan. 

Hojbjerg and Betancur looked to be a good pairing in midfield. As you say, lots of competition now. 

Spurs' recruitment has improved considerably under Conte. He's very astute and utterly ruthless.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I'd forgotten that Skipp was injured rather than out on loan. 

Hojbjerg and Betancur looked to be a good pairing in midfield. As you say, lots of competition now. 

Spurs' recruitment has improved considerably under Conte. He's very astute and utterly ruthless.

Yeh they seem to have everything in place now to push on. Great manager, loads of cash to spend, champions league, cracking stadium etc.

I won't pretend to know much about Nunez but he seems like a player who might need a season or so to find his feet at Liverpool.

Haaland should be a cracking signing from the off and I'd expect City to win the league at a canter next season.

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

£65m upfront for Nunez then £5m after ten games. 

Seems such a strange milestone to chuck £5m at. 

Ive always assumed these things are to circumnavigate sell on fees, as in Benfica are seemingly due 20% of the transfer fee to his previous club. Maybe transfer clauses don't need to be passed on?

So as an example Liverpool pay £65m, Benfica lose out on £5m passing it on, but there's cast iron guaranteed clauses inserted that gives Benfica the £5m before the next window?

Only way I've found logic to some weird clauses.

€10m loan fee for Lukaku to Inter. Would have to wonder what the 'option to buy' fee would be. You're probably looking at Chelsea losing about £30m over the piece on him.

Chelsea signing Sterling for ~£35m is an absolute steal though.

Sterling is available for less because his contract expires next year (as does Mahrez, Gundogen and Jesus).

He's not good enough to be a regular starter for a top team but is a very good squad player, I'm surprised Chelsea aren't wanting to develop Pulisic a bit more, signing Sterling pushes him further out the door. I expect he will he will be a Ziyech type signing for Chelsea.

Guardiola being totally baffled he never controlled the ball with the inside of his foot still one of the funnier moments in elite football recently.

Kalvin Phillips will probably be going to Man City as cover for Rodri, he's no where as good obviously but helps their home grown quota and will be a Delph like player in their squad.