MotoGP Thread

razamanaz

Who do you think is going to win the title this year? :: Who do you want to win the title? :: Who has disappointed this year? :: Who is going to Silverstone?

Fabio Quartararo :: Pecco Bagnaia :: Pecco Bagnaia :: Not going to Silverstone but have been to Donnington, Estoril and Catalunya in the past

Agree Fabio Quartararo to retain title. He gets so much out of that Yamaha. :: Jack Miller but too much going on in the background with Ducati plus he’s too inconsistent :: Jorge Martin. Could well blow his chance getting the Ducati factory ride. Also Suzuki have disappointed with their decision to pull out at the end of the season :: I very much hope to but want to see how McPint gets on at the TT next week as I reckon if he has a good event he could beat Joey Dunlop’s win record next year so would book up for that instead. Got the BSB at Knockhill as well and only so much cash to spend.

On 27/05/2022 at 17:00, razamanaz said:

Who do you think is going to win the title this year? :: Who do you want to win the title? :: Who has disappointed this year? :: Who is going to Silverstone?

Fabio Quartararo :: Pecco Bagnaia :: Pecco Bagnaia :: Not going to Silverstone but have been to Donnington, Estoril and Catalunya in the past

I think it's Fabio's title to lose. He's just got a consistency about him that very few riders can match, even on a pretty poor bike this year. To finish first, first you have to finish and all that. I'd absolutely love to see Aleix and Aprilia do it though. That would be a terrific story, as would Bastianini on the Gresini Ducati. He's a superstar and a champion in waiting imho. I'm a massive fan. 

Not going to Silverstone, and if I was do to a round I think I'd go abroad for it. Was pricing up a trip to Mugello this morning whilst watching practice. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I love Italy as a country.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That was an incredible ride from Espargaro.

At the start of this season I quite liked seeing him doing well given he was an underdog jobber who was getting the most out of a poor to average bike. But now I'm a fully fledged fan. I've even got myself an Aprilia keyring :lol: I thought he came across really well in MotoGP Unlimited and I absolutely love his hard charging style. Yesterday was, without doubt, his best ride in MotoGP. 

I still think Fabio will win the Championship. Despite finally deciding to have a Pecco of a round. But, based on his performances this season and that ride yesterday, Aleix would be a very deserving champion. You kind of get the feeling this is going to be his only chance too and he's either going to grab it. Or bottle it in spectacular - and typically Aleix degrees of emotional - fashion.

Good to see Maverick finally looking a bit more like himself too. He could be a bit of a dark horse for next season imo.