Biggest heads gone moment of the season

15 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I was SEETHING at Celtic's second goal in the League Cup final. There's no danger that goal stands if either of the Lester Piggotts conceded it.

I am not Paul McGinn before anyone starts.

Perfectly good goal

20 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I was SEETHING at Celtic's second goal in the League Cup final. There's no danger that goal stands if either of the Lester Piggotts conceded it.

I am not Paul McGinn before anyone starts.

The goal they scored in the semi final was a disgrace as well.

Barely raised a whimper amongst the pundits as, you know, how the hell are the officials meant to spot Jota catching the ball in the build up to the goal?  Michael Stewart even managed to turn it full circle and say if Celtic hadn’t scored they might have had a penalty in the build up as the initial cross had bounced up of McCart’s hand.

This was after reading in the press all week a Celtic director criticising upcoming match referee Nick Walsh for giving decisions against Celtic previously.  To the disbelief of no one, Walsh didn’t let them down.

Not so much a heads gone, more just an acceptance of this is just how it’s meant to be.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Not so much a heads gone, more just an acceptance of this is just how it’s meant to be.

A blue bigot follower complaining about referee bias.

Oh my aching sides.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

This season has been a massive heads gone for me to the point I'm disenchanted with Hibs.

Without wishing to get into the rights and wrongs of the incident it all started with Ryan Porteous being sent off against Rangers in a game which we were leading and competing well in. I feel any positive momentum we started with really seemed to tail off from this point onwards. 

The second half display against Dundee United in the League Cup also got my goat for some reason, least enjoyable 3-1 victory I've been involved in, albeit that's probably also due to the cramped conditions in the stand I was in.

Generally the demise of Jack Ross was hard. I didn't feel we were playing bad stuff under him but many complained that we were unenjoyable to watch. I think we actually got slightly better under Maloney in terms of performance, but the same complaints persisted and given his personality vacuum style it didn't seem built to last.

I've taken a fairly dim view of the Lee Johnson appointment, not because I wanted a big exciting name - I did want Warnock but would have settled for Appleton - but because he very much appears to be a snakey character appointed by a committee of other snakey characters, with a style of football which doesn't complement the players we've been signing for the last 2 years, namely traditional back 4 rather than 3 + wingbacks. I reckon this is a recipe for bloated squad syndrome if he fails.

Oddly defeats against Hearts, the 3-0 scudding by Dundee United at home, didn't necessarily get a heads gone from me.

Honourable mention to the opera at halftime during the 'football for a fiver' day, almost as galling as the fact that the game itself was a rip-off for said £5. 

On 29/05/2022 at 10:54, Chefki Kuqi said:

This season has been a massive heads gone for me to the point I'm disenchanted with Hibs.

Without wishing to get into the rights and wrongs of the incident it all started with Ryan Porteous being sent off against Rangers in a game which we were leading and competing well in. I feel any positive momentum we started with really seemed to tail off from this point onwards. 

The second half display against Dundee United in the League Cup also got my goat for some reason, least enjoyable 3-1 victory I've been involved in, albeit that's probably also due to the cramped conditions in the stand I was in.

Generally the demise of Jack Ross was hard. I didn't feel we were playing bad stuff under him but many complained that we were unenjoyable to watch. I think we actually got slightly better under Maloney in terms of performance, but the same complaints persisted and given his personality vacuum style it didn't seem built to last.

I've taken a fairly dim view of the Lee Johnson appointment, not because I wanted a big exciting name - I did want Warnock but would have settled for Appleton - but because he very much appears to be a snakey character appointed by a committee of other snakey characters, with a style of football which doesn't complement the players we've been signing for the last 2 years, namely traditional back 4 rather than 3 + wingbacks. I reckon this is a recipe for bloated squad syndrome if he fails.

Oddly defeats against Hearts, the 3-0 scudding by Dundee United at home, didn't necessarily get a heads gone from me.

Honourable mention to the opera at halftime during the 'football for a fiver' day, almost as galling as the fact that the game itself was a rip-off for said £5. 

You must have been really upset when you won the cup...

On 29/05/2022 at 10:54, Chefki Kuqi said:

Why was it so loud 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png couldn’t even have a conversation. Fair play to Hibs, very effective tannoy system in place.

The football for a fiver was a great initiative, shame about the actual game. I’d like us to try it this season against a team like St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc. and see what effect it has on the crowd.

On 01/06/2022 at 13:29, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Why was it so loud 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png couldn’t even have a conversation. Fair play to Hibs, very effective tannoy system in place.

The football for a fiver was a great initiative, shame about the actual game. I’d like us to try it this season against a team like St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Motherwell etc. and see what effect it has on the crowd.

I agree. Football for a fiver should be a regular thing that is experimented with at all clubs. Football in Scotland is far too expensive.

These ones made me question what the f**k was going on more than have a heads gone: St Mirren getting to retake their penalty. Alexanders tombola starting 11 selections and his inability/refusal to change tactics when it's clearly not working for months and months on end as well as waiting until the 80th minute to make a substitution. Then the failure to beat a Dundee team hit with Covid.

But the 2-1 defeat away to St Johnstone was the only real proper heads gone moment I had. When the fulltime whistle went I was convinced that we were going to be dragged into a relegation fight and nothing or no one could convince me otherwise. 

On 02/06/2022 at 09:59, Steve Finan said:

I agree. Football for a fiver should be a regular thing that is experimented with at all clubs. Football in Scotland is far too expensive.

The only issue with these type of promotions is you risk alienating your season ticket-holders, who I'm guessing pay something around £20 a match, if not more?

11 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

The only issue with these type of promotions is you risk alienating your season ticket-holders, who I'm guessing pay something around £20 a match, if not more?

As the odd one-off, I don't think many would complain if it brought more folk in in games where you'd expect a low crowd. 

I think the bigger issue, specifically to our club, would be the risk of overall revenue dilution on the day. For risk averse clubs like us I think that would stymie it rather than ST kickback. 

After the season we've had we'll be lucky if we can give tickets away. 

12 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Our adult ST price works out at £15.79 early bird/then £17.11  per game, but yeah your point still stands. 

Home game ST prices aren't too bad, it's when you factor in going to away games and paying the full £25+ gate prices, along with travelling costs,  going to football gets really expensive.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER