Biggest heads gone moment of the season

12 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

My moment was Willie Collum’s performance in the second leg vs Arbroath. I don’t think I’ve seen such shocking refereeing in a long time. The fact he was to go on and ref the Cup Final as well compounded it.

I’m obviously a Staggie but Collum totally lost it, and credit where it’s due for coming through that play off.

The first red was completely correct.

Most of my headsgones this season have related to off the field matters, and specifically the continued involvement of Jacqui Low in our club, but the worst on field was probably Caley’s second goal in the 3-1 loss early in the season. A long ball played into the box which was going pretty wide. Could have been collected pretty easily by the keeper, or just left alone as it was quite wide so there was no imminent danger, but instead Sneddon runs underneath the ball allowing Sutherland to roll the ball into an empty net.

Starts from about 5.20 into that. Seen it a few times since it happened, and I’ve still got no fucking idea what he was doing.

One that I found hilarious but a few boys next to me weren’t pleased about was Morton’s equaliser in the 2-1 at Cappielow. A load of Morton fans (with a maximum age of about 13) ran onto the pitch and started gesturing to the Thistle support. This includes one guy who jumped out of the Thistle end, turned round and immediately gave it GIRUY to the Thistle fans too, before running off into the Morton end. Bizarre but still caused a few cranial detachments. 

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Most of my headsgones this season have related to off the field matters, and specifically the continued involvement of Jacqui Low in our club, but the worst on field was probably Caley’s second goal in the 3-1 loss early in the season. A long ball played into the box which was going pretty wide. Could have been collected pretty easily by the keeper, or just left alone as it was quite wide so there was no imminent danger, but instead Sneddon runs underneath the ball allowing Sutherland to roll the ball into an empty net.

Starts from about 5.20 into that. Seen it a few times since it happened, and I’ve still got no fucking idea what he was doing.

One that I found hilarious but a few boys next to me weren’t pleased about was Morton’s equaliser in the 2-1 at Cappielow. A load of Morton fans (with a maximum age of about 13) ran onto the pitch and started gesturing to the Thistle support. This includes one guy who jumped out of the Thistle end, turned round and immediately gave it GIRUY to the Thistle fans too, before running off into the Morton end. Bizarre but still caused a few cranial detachments. 

Very like the first leg of the play off - Partick should have had the game won before ICT equalised.

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Kevin fucking Clancy, pick any game he's officiated over Livi.

Following on from this, mine was Chukwumeka's 7 minutes against Aberdeen. A game where Clancy had given out 11 yellow cards and a red (in a game that wasn't particularly dirty tbh), and Chuk comes on after 84 minutes to be the legs up top. The boy didn't even move. Aberdeen were all over us for those 7 minutes (as we pretty much played with 9 men), Martindale does his patented sub off a sub, and suddenly we look like a unit again. I was raging.

The hounding of Callum Carson on twitter after that by members of the club was pretty poor form as well. To Caleb's credit, he put the work in and looked a decent player for the last couple of games of the season. I'd happily have him back again on loan, I reckon he'll improve and be decent. Definitely a little surprised that he wasn't just shipped out of the club after that Aberdeen game though.

2 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Following on from this, mine was Chukwumeka's 7 minutes against Aberdeen. A game where Clancy had given out 11 yellow cards and a red (in a game that wasn't particularly dirty tbh), and Chuk comes on after 84 minutes to be the legs up top. The boy didn't even move. Aberdeen were all over us for those 7 minutes (as we pretty much played with 9 men), Martindale does his patented sub off a sub, and suddenly we look like a unit again. I was raging.

The hounding of Callum Carson on twitter after that by members of the club was pretty poor form as well. To Caleb's credit, he put the work in and looked a decent player for the last couple of games of the season. I'd happily have him back again on loan, I reckon he'll improve and be decent. Definitely a little surprised that he wasn't just shipped out of the club after that Aberdeen game though.

Yeah that was a crazy game, Aberdeen fans on here couldn't understand how we had all lost our shit so much when we won the match anyway.🤣

Clancy is an absolute disgrace of a ref.

41 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah that was a crazy game, Aberdeen fans on here couldn't understand how we had all lost our shit so much when we won the match anyway.🤣

Clancy is an absolute disgrace of a ref.

It’s still baffling tbh 

Probably Tam Courts' interview after the opening day at Pittodrie, where he claimed we'd 'shaded the first half' and 'hemmed them in' in the second half, when in reality it was a routine win for Aberdeen. Felt like it was going to be a long season after that.

20 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

Probably Tam Courts' interview after the opening day at Pittodrie, where he claimed we'd 'shaded the first half' and 'hemmed them in' in the second half, when in reality it was a routine win for Aberdeen. Felt like it was going to be a long season after that.

It certainly was. But not for you...

Either Jack Baldwin's lazy attempt at a jump when Livi scored to make it 3-2 in Dingwall, or the massive lump Drysdale somehow losing an aerial duel to Nicky Clark after giving away a penalty.

Unsurprisingly our defenders are still what infuriates me most.

Edited by Comrie

Not sure there was one for us this season. Losing to Dundee and St Johnstone was a sore one, but that wee short poor run was sandwiched between our best for in years, so it never really caused me massive turmoil. If it had gone on much longer maybe. I think we got most of our heidgoneness out of the way the previous season and the one before.

Edited by Kyle Reese

I was SEETHING at Celtic's second goal in the League Cup final. There's no danger that goal stands if either of the Lester Piggotts conceded it.

I am not Paul McGinn before anyone starts.

Edited by Crawford Bridge

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If someone punches an opponent in the face is the ref supposed to only send them off if it keeps the foul to card ratio within some sort of predetermined limit?

Did you watch the match? In the last 15 minutes he literally had his hand in his pocket for every foul.

I know Willie Collum has his fans but Jesus Christ I didn’t expect to come across them here..

Even though it didn't affect me or Hearts, Charlie Adam coming out with his "it's a mans game" only for him to throw himself at the deck with the worst attempts at diving in the 2 weeks proceeding his comments, w****r.

Home game against Livvy first match after the split....the ref not giving us a penalty for their keeper' s blatant assault on Besuijen , despite having an unobstructed view of the incident from just a few yards away.

Obviously compounded by them going straight up the other end and scoring 

Edited by A96