Biggest heads gone moment of the season

11 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Dropping points to St Mirren under 18s

The furore around this game, mainly on Twitter, was hilarious. Both Celtic and Sevco fans were apoplectic at different times. The backdrop was that Goodwin had been seen at Celtic Park "with a Celtic scarf on".  (Narrator's voice: he wasn't wearing a scarf.) So our staunch friends were already spitting blood, and the fact we were playing kids was just another example of us lying down to you, and part of a ****** plot. Regardless of the fact we were literally being made to play.

Then the game came and the tables turned. I literally saw a Celtic fan say we "should never be forgiven for what had done to you"; the source of his ire being that we had played defensively. Obviously we should have played three up front and let you pump us.

I'd like to say the Sevconians took that opportunity to climb down from their previous accusations, but of course they didn't, the paranoid fuckers.

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The 3-2 loss to St Mirren in October

This was what came to mind when I saw the thread title. I knew that day you were in for a shit season. Entire team totally rattled. Hayes very fortunate not to be sent off also. 

When non-Dons fans were imagining how Scott Brown's time at Aberdeen would pan out, this game was what they were picturing. Brown off the pace, throwing his weight around but with much less referee protection than he was used to. Worse, it was as if everyone else was following his lead.

No surprise whatsoever that, having seen that performance in the flesh, Goodwin bombed Brown out asap.

Where do you start...the 3-6-1 at St Mirren, the refusal to try to replace Watt, the 5-2-3 in Perth, the pathetic attempt to beat Corona riddled Dundee, extending McGinley's contract. Dunno if any of them quite hit full heed's gone but the number of wtaf Motherwell moments this season was huge.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The furore around this game, mainly on Twitter, was hilarious. Both Celtic and Sevco fans were apoplectic at different times. The backdrop was that Goodwin had been seen at Celtic Park "with a Celtic scarf on".  (Narrator's voice: he wasn't wearing a scarf.) So our staunch friends were already spitting blood, and the fact we were playing kids was just another example of us lying down to you, and part of a ****** plot. Regardless of the fact we were literally being made to play.

Then the game came and the tables turned. I literally saw a Celtic fan say we "should never be forgiven for what had done to you"; the source of his ire being that we had played defensively. Obviously we should have played three up front and let you pump us.

I'd like to say the Sevconians took that opportunity to climb down from their previous accusations, but of course they didn't, the paranoid fuckers.

This was what came to mind when I saw the thread title. I knew that day you were in for a shit season. Entire team totally rattled. Hayes very fortunate not to be sent off also. 

When non-Dons fans were imagining how Scott Brown's time at Aberdeen would pan out, this game was what they were picturing. Brown off the pace, throwing his weight around but with much less referee protection than he was used to. Worse, it was as if everyone else was following his lead.

No surprise whatsoever that, having seen that performance in the flesh, Goodwin bombed Brown out asap.

A lovely summation of why old firm fans are utter fucking morons 

50 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Almost all the commentary surrounding that game was fucking deranged. There was this idea that we had lied about the crisis to somehow trick Celtic, and in fact a lot of people, including in the media were insisting it was actually Celtic who had the reserve team out. That was probably one of my favourite games of the season. I think most Saints fans just went because they didn't want these boys that were coming in to get beaten 6-0 in front of empty stands, but by the 60th minute when it was still 0-0 we had kind of already won at that point and the place was in great voice.

I think it was also one of Goodwin's greatest moments at St Mirren. It showed what a good manager he could be when he kept it simple and got the players fired up.

My head's gone was all the defending during the 4-2 loss to Motherwell. I genuinely thought we were going down after that.

1 hour ago, Loominous said:

haha, I always thought it's more don't bite the hand that feeds with all the rhetoric clubs put out around loving their fanbase. I bet there players and coaching staff who probably hate their own supporters.

Our coaching and playing staff absolutely fucking hated the fans around that time. On the rare occasions we scored they either made an effort to celebrate away from the fans or made an effort to give it "get it up ye" patter toward their own fans.

I fucking hate Gus McPherson 

31 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Our coaching and playing staff absolutely fucking hated the fans around that time. On the rare occasions we scored they either made an effort to celebrate away from the fans or made an effort to give it "get it up ye" patter toward their own fans.

Is hating Gus McPherson behind your feelings in the first section, or is it a total (but entirely justifiable, and in fact commendable) non sequitur?

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Almost all the commentary surrounding that game was fucking deranged. There was this idea that we had lied about the crisis to somehow trick Celtic, and in fact a lot of people, including in the media were insisting it was actually Celtic who had the reserve team out.

Actually, I'd just been back looking through tweets from the time, and found this gem:

image.png.25b30a4344f6bb94ef63bbb46e47b5da.png

So yeah, THIS guy was raging because we were actually playing the strongest team we possibly could. I mean... FFS.

And this was the guy I was referring to before. I've had to quote my tweet, not his, because he did have the sense to delete it:

This was a belter - us playing defensively is holding back Scotland as a nation (not just in a footballing sense):

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Probably me as the 3rd goal went in at McDiarmid the other night.  Actually, I burst out laughing at how shite we were.

You weren’t alone. I was pishin myself laughing too especially after that pitch invasion against a part time team in the previous round of playoffs. 

47 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

A club's staff and players can't come out against their own fanbase because the fanbase pay their wages so they generally have to toe the "we love the fans" line, but you know deep down they can get resentful especially when things are going poorly. I'm sure Tommy Wright is another example of someone who found it hard to hide the way he felt about the Kilmarnock support before he got the bullet. 

Didn't he swear at their fans or at least argue with them? I can't remember exactly what he did - but it pissed Killie fans off.

Edited by Loominous

Not the Scottish Premiership but Keeper Aaron McCarey’s bizarre assault on teammate Bobby Burns in the NIFL - Glentoran Vs Coleraine game back in October. Has to be one of the biggest ‘heads gone’ moments I’ve seen in years, never mind just this season![emoji15]

Watch: Glentoran keeper McCarey sees red for lashing out at team-mate Burns https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58942834

A miserable gutless 1-0 defeat to Livingston at the Tony Mac that cost Jack Ross his job. Hibs fans chanting "You're getting sacked in the morning" at their own manager and so Ron obliged.

Think we were somewhat premature given the absolute binfire that followed.