2022/23 PSC Group G

51 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Whaal........Invernessians calling us a franchise......dear oh dear 😂

Caledonian/Inverness Thistle anyone????

Only one real team in Inverness and its called Clachnacuddin. 

That was an amalgamation of 2 clubs in the city who the new club still bares the name of.

Livingston literally moved town and changed their name to that town with the aim of having a West Lothian club in the then SFL.  That's the definition of a franchise m9.  It's what happens in the US in all the major sport leagues they have.

About time the Caley Thistle v Livingston beef was brought back. I used to despise them when we played them especially when they "stole" Barry Wilson, Mark McCulloch and Davide Xausa.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

That was an amalgamation of 2 clubs in the city who the new club still bares the name of.

Livingston literally moved town and changed their name to that town with the aim of having a West Lothian club in the then SFL.  That's the definition of a franchise m9.  It's what happens in the US in all the major sport leagues they have.

Made up club your lot are m9..........,

As I said only one true club in the Highland Capital and that's Clach.

Caledonian FC could and should have went on their own,the SFL at the time should have been told to eff off with their merger............

18 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

No idea what you're on about, how all that relates to the Caley wum above my post.

I could go into detail and pull apart those figures and the ins and outs of 2 admins, but that has nothing to do with this thread and would totally sidetrack/derail it. It has been done to death on the Livi thread anyway. And again no idea what triggered you to bring all that up anyway. 

Sincere humble apologies, I misread your earlier post.

For those attending tomorrow nights Albion game be aware there are traffic light controlled roadworks going on right in front of the stadium,.

Plus it's main stand only by ticket not the usual card.

Edited by SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The US/Can clubs are franchises of MLS. Livi aren't owned by the SPFL therefore aren't a franchise. Unless you're arguing Livi are a metaphorical "franchise" of local government. The club as Meadowbank were provided with a stadium by Edinburgh council and as Livingston again provided with a stadium by the local (West Lothian) council. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

About time the Caley Thistle v Livingston beef was brought back. I used to despise them when we played them especially when they "stole" Barry Wilson, Mark McCulloch and Davide Xausa.

Loved the rivalry between us as we came up through the leagues together, seem to be taking turn about in the top flight now. Think we can both agree, Barry Wilson is a top, top guy, exceptional player for both clubs. 

12 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Two chapters in the club's history preceded the Livingston chapter, though. There was Ferranti for 31 years. Meadowbank then took over and added their own chapter for 21 years. Livingston now have been the club for 27 years. Meadowbank inherited the legacy of Ferranti and the benefits that brought - a place in the league and an existing club structure. Livingston then inherited the legacies of both Ferranti and Meadowbank along with those same benefits. For me, it's just about acknowledging those historical efforts which were successively built upon. I don't think it detracts at all from the achievements of Livingston FC since 1995. 

Going by these timeframes it can’t be long until Livingston/Ferranti fancy moving across the country again.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Are you sure about that? can't see them opening the SS for half a dozen away supporters.

We've been allocated section H and tickets have been sold for it, admittedly we might not sell all 237 seats in that section but as of now that's where we've been told to go!

8 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Going by these timeframes it can’t be long until Livingston/Ferranti fancy moving across the country again.

Always possible but far less likely now that John Bain has died. He was the primary architect of the previous moves.

I don't think you know what a franchise is

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think you know what a franchise is

I do, it’s what Livingston FC are.