2022/23 PSC Group G

Onto the game, will Rovers boss Brian Reid make the journey up?  I know he doesn't think his club should have to travel north of Stirling for away games, I assume the players will make the journey, otherwise it'll be a 3-0 by default to The Caley?

6 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
14 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:
Some pasta merchant I think

Does that make Inverness a franchise of Intelligent land investments group?

We're the footballing arm of Tulloch, not a franchise though.

Anyway, I fancy us to put a few past these tonight.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Does a win tonight, pretty much, get us through to the next round?

I think so.  We will finish 2nd with 9 points at worst.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think so.  We will finish 2nd with 9 points at worst.

Should be looking to stick 5 or 6 past these part time diddies just to make sure the goal difference is solid.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Does a win tonight, pretty much, get us through to the next round?

A win by 3 or more and it's almost guaranteed you win the group OR we're not going to catch you I should say. Livi might get to 9 points but wouldn't think their goal difference will be substantially higher than it is now. All be mute if you win tonight and win or draw against us.

Say you win by 3 tonight we'd need a 2 goal win tonight and a 2 goal win against you on Saturday to deny the inevitable. 

Whoever finishes second in our group aren't going through in all likelihood. Killie and Hibs should both finish on 10 points and someone else will get 9 points and a 4+ goal difference.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

A win by 3 or more and it's almost guaranteed you win the group OR we're not going to catch you I should say. Livi might get to 9 points but wouldn't think their goal difference will be substantially higher than it is now. All be mute if you win tonight and win or draw against us.

Say you win by 3 tonight we'd need a 2 goal win tonight and a 2 goal win against you on Saturday to deny the inevitable. 

Whoever finishes second in our group aren't going through in all likelihood. Killie and Hibs should both finish on 10 points and someone else will get 9 points and a 4+ goal difference.

Hibs can only get get max 9.

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's us basically through I think. 

There’s still time for the SPFL to deduct Hearts 2 points instead of 3 for playing an ineligible player, to ensure that they can progress to the next round*

*sorry, I’m used to the SPFL and Hearts shafting us in the cup. See also Danny Wilson, Stevenson, Ngoo… 

A good team rounded performance tonight with Harper having two good goals, Cairns got his debut but I was surprised Boyd never got a run out.

Albion were no mugs in the first half with some good efforts but eventually full time pace got the better of them.

Their manager was a bit of a vagina giving plenty loud encouragement in the first half and then when it started to rain in the second we never heard from him as it looked like the dugout was the better dry option.

With Kelty beating Cove tonight we should be through. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

The early goal could have set the tone but truth be told, Albion Rovers might have equalised and gone ahead before Harper's free kick settler. Fair play to Billy Dodds, the only way to stop Harper scoring was to withdraw him.

Shaw looked composed and dangerous when he came on and Scott Allardice already looks like the pivot of the team.

Kelty beating Cove last night effectively sealed our place in the knockout stage IMO.  If we lose and Livingston win on Saturday, both finish on 9 points.  Does it go head to head over goal difference? I take it not as we aren't confirmed as qualified yet?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Kelty beating Cove last night effectively sealed our place in the knockout stage IMO.  If we lose and Livingston win on Saturday, both finish on 9 points.  Does it go head to head over goal difference? I take it not as we aren't confirmed as qualified yet?

Pretty sure it goes by goal difference So there would need to be a 5 or 6 goal swinging for us not to finish top if we did lose on Saturday.

If that did happen, which I can’t see, then I don’t think we would make it through as there should be 3 second placed teams ahead of us on points/goal difference.

With Goncalves suspended and Anderson only deemed able to play 45 mins, we're either starting Shinnie in the centre of a front 3, or Jack Hamilton (noticed him playing in our bounce game yesterday) aren't we. Cause we're needing tons of goals to have a chance of making it to the knock outs so why start Bruce and Josh our 2 best goal scorers.

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

No it's decided on looks and we will easily qualify on that decision as Livi are the ugliest bunch of misfits in Scottish Football, most of them would make Quasimodo look like Brad Pitt, as a punishment their manager makes them look in the mirror, they should be made to be playing with Balaclavas on so as not to terrify the kids in the Whatthefuckaroni stadium.

Edited by SandyCromarty