2022/23 PSC Group G

15 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Think cove got away with one tonight, if they play like that in the championship surely they will get relegated

McAlister should be binned for his penalty,

Walked up and dinked it in only for the ref to award Rovers an indirect free kick ashe stopped during his run up.

Logan took a dive for the penalty anyway so it was justice done

Does he run around everywhere with his shorts tucked into his undershorts? Must have thought he would have walked it. Was far from it

We were very poor last night. Hard to exonerate anyone in the team and we truly looked like a team with a new manager and in a transitional phase. It highlighted to me the need to expand the squad with some quality signings even if they turn out to be loans. Credit to Albion they fought hard and created well worked chances.

Forewent the short sharp passing we normally play and instead long diagonals and gifting position back too easily. Now playing 4-4-2 with two makeshift wingers who have no delivery (Leitch and Leighton) and who rarely featured last season. Both  are mid-table L1 standard at very best.

Young lad Towler looked shaky at left back and was very luck not to concede a penalty late on. Replacing Harry Milne with a 17 year looks a poor managerial move from McIntyre.

Expecting a much improved performance at home on Saturday against Livi. We should have Blair Yule back in contention. Vigurs will start too I'd imagine.

Still got a lot of work to do in a short space of time before the season starts.

Another week with no new signings for Cove so there won't be many changes from the mid-week victory against Albion Rovers.

Unfortunately Blair Yule won't be back until the first league game.

Personally I would play Scully over Towler at LB but I suspect McIntyre will give our new loan signing the nod.

No wingers so square pegs in round holes on the wide areas.

McAllister over McDonagh for me 

Predicted line-up below.

Screenshot_20220716-094607.jpg

25 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Another week with no new signings for Cove so there won't be many changes from the mid-week victory against Albion Rovers.

Unfortunately Blair Yule won't be back until the first league game.

Personally I would play Scully over Towler at LB but I suspect McIntyre will give our new loan signing the nod.

No wingers so square pegs in round holes on the wide areas.

McAllister over McDonagh for me 

Predicted line-up below.

Screenshot_20220716-094607.jpg

Should be a decent crowd, circa 1200-1500, being the first competitive home game of the season. Suspect we'll see some Aberdeen fans coming along given the Dons aren't in action this weekend.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

➡️ In - Ivan Konovalov, Ayo Obileye, Cristian Montaño & Andrew Shinnie.

⬅️ Out - Max Stryjek, Phillip Cancar, James Penrice & Jason Holt.

Holly f**k.

The Andrew Shinnie for Jason Holt is a bit of a strange one unless its down to an injury. The rest I understand.

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

The Andrew Shinnie for Jason Holt is a bit of a strange one unless its down to an injury. The rest I understand.

Hope Penrice isn't injured, only decent LB/LWB we've got, Montano just isn't anywhere as good as him getting up the wing. Not starting Mullin and Anderson again, he's learned nothing from the Caley defeat, real lack of firepower in that starting line up, again. (really hoping these words are shoved down my throat and we fire in a few goals in the first half).  Got rid of Stryjek for this game and stick bombscare No2 on for Cancar, brilliant, hope Cove don't press us when we're knocking it about the back line.

Konovalov, Devlin©️, Fitzwater, Obileye, Montaño, Kelly, Pittman, Shinnie, Bahamboula, Goncalves & Nouble.

Neither Goncalves or Nouble look like scoring goals, and Bahamboula & Shinnie dinny look like getting many, so hopefully Pittman gets himself into the box.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hope Penrice isn't injured, only decent LB/LWB we've got, Montano just isn't anywhere as good as him getting up the wing. Not starting Mullin and Anderson again, he's learned nothing from the Caley defeat, real lack of firepower in that starting line up, again. (really hoping these words are shoved down my throat and we fire in a few goals in the first half).  Got rid of Stryjek for this game and stick bombscare No2 on for Cancar, brilliant, hope Cove don't press us when we're knocking it about the back line.

I disagree, Montano is very good going forward but not so good defensively. He's got that long stride where he barely seems to move his legs but is rapid and goes through players with ease

3 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I disagree, Montano is very good going forward but not so good defensively. He's got that long stride where he barely seems to move his legs but is rapid and goes through players with ease

I disagree, he looked like he hadn't the confidence to take players on down the wing anytime i've seen him, nowhere near as good as Penrice.

All going to shit again for us, 1-0 down and Goncalves sent off, wonder if Martindale will own up to his poor starting selection again, seemed to think it was only not starting Shinnie was his mistake against Caley.

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Should be a decent crowd, circa 1200-1500, being the first competitive home game of the season. Suspect we'll see some Aberdeen fans coming along given the Dons aren't in action this weekend.

Might be difficult for some die hard Dandies given your 'Rangers' tag.