2022/23 PSC Group G

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
Oh goody Stryjek is in goals.

caucasian-man-isolated-grey-background-peek-fingers-scared-young-caucasian-man-isolated-grey-studio-background-145651579.jpg

Made some top saves

And some mad moments, the latter is getting too frequent now.

Decent first half without any cutting edge, a bit Mortony, Anderson coming on made a difference till Stryjek's rush of blood. First goal came from us not taking the shot on and losing possession, then getting hit with a sucker punch on the counter, thought Cancar had it covered when he caught up with Samuels but nope, didn't stop the cross and Samuels stuck it away.

2-0 looked done and dusted for Caley but Holt made it interesting last 5 mins, then fecked it up missing his pen, felt in the pit of my stomach we were missing it. Caley's to throw away now, our only hope is Cove beating them and us getting our finger out and  winning our final 2 games by a few goals to either top the group or shithouse our way as a best of the rest runner up again.

Oh and why the feck was Mullin sitting getting splinters in his arse all game, him and Anderson should've been on from the start of the 2nd half, or better still started the game. Flummoxed as to what Martindale was thinking.

Think cove got away with one tonight, if they play like that in the championship surely they will get relegated

McAlister should be binned for his penalty,

Walked up and dinked it in only for the ref to award Rovers an indirect free kick ashe stopped during his run up.

Logan took a dive for the penalty anyway so it was justice done

Does he run around everywhere with his shorts tucked into his undershorts? Must have thought he would have walked it. Was far from it

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I’ve got a reaction though, you’ve got to give me that :D it’s only the cup it’s not a huge matter.

The real major downside is that I didn’t get a pie!

Neither did i, was still full after my dinner, and couldn't be arsed queueing for one at HT.

Enjoyed the game, Livi started well and pushed us back. Their right forward/winger was having the run of Harper but we managed to claw back into it and hit the bar the first time we got into the Livi half. 

Mckay started to threaten with a couple of dangerous crosses and a shot that their keeper saved well until we took the lead with a brilliant counter attacking goal. Ball broke in the edge of our box following a Livi attack and Allardice hit. Ball cross field for Daniel McKay, who beat his man for pace and played in a perfect cross for Samuels to knock in. Lovely goal.

Second half Livi had us penned back a bit but didn’t threaten too much. The red card was definite, Samuels chasing a ball down and was taken out by a flying knee. An absolute shocker, deserved red card, utter stupidity. Harper nearly curled the free kick in but a great save from the sub kept it out.

the second saw McKay pick the ball up, turn his marker inside out and then hit a shot across goal that was bundled in. It looked like an own goal to me but apparently McKay is claiming it. The turn was sublime, lovely drag back - I believe the kids call it an elastico.

We were well on top now and subbed on a few players for game time. Livi pulled one back a shot by Holt from inside the box. A couple of minutes later Oakley pushed a Livi player in the box and Livi has a penalty, very poor from Oakley. Luckily for us Holt produced one or worst spot kicks you’ll ever see, almost hitting it over the stand.

Solid performance overall. Livi started both the first and second halves strongly and Nouble had Harper on toast on numerous occasions. Moyo on the other flank also looked lively but Carson was more alert to him and even when he was beaten the final ball was often dreadful.

Holt had an outrageous long range effort from about 40 yards that looked like it was going to sail in over the head of Rdigers but somehow he scrambled back and tipped the ball onto the bar before gathering it up. Deas (I think) had a good header off the bar from a Harper free kick before we took the lead. Carson snuffed out a Livi attack on the bye line and after a couple of quick passes, Scott Allardice sent a glorious pass out to the left flank to the feet of MacKay who got the ball under control before breezing past the Livi full back and he sent a low cross to the back post for Samuels to tuck away from a few yards out. Only other major talking point of the first half was a pretty reckless challenge from Fitzwater on Allardice. It looked really bad at the time and probably should have seen the Livi defender sent off.

Again, Livi dominated the start of the half before we got settled down again. The drama kicked off when a long clearance downfield by Ridgers got Samuels in behind the Livi defence and Stryjek came rushing out and leathered him in the face Street Fighter style. Out came the red card and Livi were down to 10. From the free kick harper drew a good save from the replacement keeper before a piece of MacKay magic saw us extend the lead. A raking pass sent Mackay away and he ghosted past Devlin using some kind of elastico type skill that had us on our feet. He drove into the box and stabbed an effort towards goal which looked like it may have gone in possibly with a touch off a Livi defender. It was a stunning piece of skill that I hope we get to see back again.

After this we were pretty comfortable and Dodds started top change things a lot to give more players minutes but this led to us becoming a little disjointed as players were frequently moved around the pitch into different positions. Livi started to come back into things and got a deserved goal back when Holt rolled his man at the edge of the box and dispatched a low drive past Ridgers. Then Oakley gave away a penalty with needless pull of a shirt but Holt sent the resultant spot kick well over the bar and we saw the rest of the game out.

A deserved win but we almost gave it away at the end. Delaney, Deas and MacKay were all very good and look ready to go already. Others still need a bit more game time to get fully up to speed.    

Thought Inverness were impressive in their organisation at the back and counter-attacking. Daniel Mackay, in particular, was a constant threat and Devlin really struggled with him. It would not have been deserved if we had equalised with the pen. 

We were well off it as a collective. Too many players underperforming. Of those who started, I’d say Penrice and Nouble were the only ones who were up to their usual standards. Max was actually having a decent game until he chucked it and got sent off. Bruce and Shinnie looked good when they came on. I think we’ll come good but there’s a lot of work to be done. 

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

An absolutely dreadful set of highlights have been posted on the Livi Twitter page.

They are rotten :lol: 

Now feel a little sorry for Oakley after that penalty award. That Livi number 20 spent most of the second half throwing himself to the floor trying to win fouls and more often than not he was successful.

That angle would be useful for a replay, after the initial highlight was shown, to provide a different angle/perspective. Horrible to have it as your main source of footage.

We've posted the same footage on the ICT Instagram so I guess we aren't getting anything else from last night. A real shame to have those clips as highlights even if it was just a league Cup group game.

48 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

'A soft red'? Stick to selling beak Martindale, you bald fud.

Would prob have gotten away with it inside the box, for some reason keepers are allowed to knee opposition players when collecting the ball, outside the box though, clear foul and red card. Dunno why he didn't just head it away.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Solid performance overall. Livi started both the first and second halves strongly and Nouble had Harper on toast on numerous occasions. Moyo on the other flank also looked lively but Carson was more alert to him and even when he was beaten the final ball was often dreadful.

Holt had an outrageous long range effort from about 40 yards that looked like it was going to sail in over the head of Rdigers but somehow he scrambled back and tipped the ball onto the bar before gathering it up. Deas (I think) had a good header off the bar from a Harper free kick before we took the lead. Carson snuffed out a Livi attack on the bye line and after a couple of quick passes, Scott Allardice sent a glorious pass out to the left flank to the feet of MacKay who got the ball under control before breezing past the Livi full back and he sent a low cross to the back post for Samuels to tuck away from a few yards out. Only other major talking point of the first half was a pretty reckless challenge from Fitzwater on Allardice. It looked really bad at the time and probably should have seen the Livi defender sent off.

Again, Livi dominated the start of the half before we got settled down again. The drama kicked off when a long clearance downfield by Ridgers got Samuels in behind the Livi defence and Stryjek came rushing out and leathered him in the face Street Fighter style. Out came the red card and Livi were down to 10. From the free kick harper drew a good save from the replacement keeper before a piece of MacKay magic saw us extend the lead. A raking pass sent Mackay away and he ghosted past Devlin using some kind of elastico type skill that had us on our feet. He drove into the box and stabbed an effort towards goal which looked like it may have gone in possibly with a touch off a Livi defender. It was a stunning piece of skill that I hope we get to see back again.

After this we were pretty comfortable and Dodds started top change things a lot to give more players minutes but this led to us becoming a little disjointed as players were frequently moved around the pitch into different positions. Livi started to come back into things and got a deserved goal back when Holt rolled his man at the edge of the box and dispatched a low drive past Ridgers. Then Oakley gave away a penalty with needless pull of a shirt but Holt sent the resultant spot kick well over the bar and we saw the rest of the game out.

A deserved win but we almost gave it away at the end. Delaney, Deas and MacKay were all very good and look ready to go already. Others still need a bit more game time to get fully up to speed.    

I think if Anderson was on from the start and the way Nouble was getting balls into the box we'd have scored a couple, Bahamboula on the other wing too making decent runs. Goncalves just isn't sharp enough yet (hopefully he will have the confidence to take shots once he's fit and sharp), and gave up a great chance to score and passed to set someone else up when you got possession and hit us on the counter for your first goal. All ifs and buts now right enough, also pissed off Mullin didn't come on, both him and Anderson are our main goal threats. 

Think it was Devlin that had the long range pot shot tipped onto the bar. Holt has been pretty good taking pens blasting them high into the net, felt it in my water he was missing last night's one though. 

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think it was Devlin that had the long range pot shot tipped onto the bar. Holt has been pretty good taking pens blasting them high into the net, felt it in my water he was missing last night's one though. 

I think you might be right. P & J seems to be reporting Devlin as well.

From a Livi point of view I thought we started well enough and could easily have had a couple in the first half, mostly from Nouble's play down the right. Cancar looked like a better fit at CB (who knew playing a CB at CB would work!) and Bahamboula looked better in the second half when he started to run at defenders. Shinnie offered a fair bit when he cam on as well

In terms of the negatives, that'll be Max. There's absolutely no point working on CB pairings/defensive shapes/set plays etc when we've got a keeper so erratic. I think that's the third fucking wild thing he's done from memory (Aberdeen away and Motherwell at home) so it's clear it's just a fault in his game. The amount of times his goal kicks put us under pressure is ridiculous as well. Time to punt. 

I thought Caley looked good, very organised with a couple of exciting players further up the park. That attacking play with Deas and Carson at the back is a very solid mix. 

13 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

From a Livi point of view I thought we started well enough and could easily have had a couple in the first half, mostly from Nouble's play down the right. Cancar looked like a better fit at CB (who knew playing a CB at CB would work!) and Bahamboula looked better in the second half when he started to run at defenders. Shinnie offered a fair bit when he cam on as well

In terms of the negatives, that'll be Max. There's absolutely no point working on CB pairings/defensive shapes/set plays etc when we've got a keeper so erratic. I think that's the third fucking wild thing he's done from memory (Aberdeen away and Motherwell at home) so it's clear it's just a fault in his game. The amount of times his goal kicks put us under pressure is ridiculous as well. Time to punt. 

I thought Caley looked good, very organised with a couple of exciting players further up the park. That attacking play with Deas and Carson at the back is a very solid mix. 

Agree on both points, the way we play passing it about at the back Ivan, Fitzwater, Cancar, and even Bitsindou, all look far more assured on the ball than Ayo and Max. The latter 2 have tendencies to give the ball away and put us under pressure out of nothing, a lot of the time they aren't under any pressure themselves when they have a slack pass, brain fart moment.

Not sure if Ivan is good enough at other aspects, he hasn't really been under much pressure in games he's played, though pulled off a good save from the free kick on the edge of the box when he replaced Max. However his distribution is a lot better and he looks like he's comfortable getting pass backs, something we do a lot of.

Max is a great shot stopper and fantastic when on his game, the mistakes costing us points are happening more frequently though, and the good rapidly decreasing from outweighing the bad.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER