2022/23 PSC Group G

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Our superior fitness told in the end. Kelty were burst after and hour and the goal was coming. 

Kelty defence must’ve had about 4/5 blocks just in the last 10 minutes alone. Few boys said the goal looked offside but I’m not sure. 

Boyd seems to be a tidy player but is 5’4 and looks like a Ken Doll. Delaney looked a bit nervous but came into the game. Mackay, Shaw and Oakley all looked looked dangerous. Tuesday night will be a better test to see where we are. 

Yeh,agree with your latter comment Atlis.Maybe cruising the wrong terminology. And changing the team certainly didn't help either.In the context of the group yeh we're top but we don't half do things the difficult way when it could be so much easier for us.Wel find out on Tuesday night for sure.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Kelty defence must’ve had about 4/5 blocks just in the last 10 minutes alone. Few boys said the goal looked offside but I’m not sure. 

Boyd seems to be a tidy player but is 5’4 and looks like a Ken Doll. Delaney looked a bit nervous but came into the game. Mackay, Shaw and Oakley all looked looked dangerous. Tuesday night will be a better test to see where we are. 

You could clearly see we weren’t fully up to speed despite looking dangerous in the 2nd half. The League cup games have rarely ever told the story of our season. We deserved the win but hard to take too much from it. 

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

It looked tight but we should’ve had a penalty in the first half so swings and roundabouts.

Think this group is gonna be a lot tighter than some would envisage.Cove still to play,Caley edge theirs,Livi doing what Livi do.Its early doors for all of us.Reckon Livi Caley on Tuesday will tell us.Home win and we can all rest easy🤣👍.

26 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

You could clearly see we weren’t fully up to speed despite looking dangerous in the 2nd half. The League cup games have rarely ever told the story of our season. We deserved the win but hard to take too much from it. 

Aye, I always treat the group stage as an extension of pre-season. It’s good to get competitive minutes under the players belts and really not arsed about the results as even if we do get through we will be pumped in the next round anyway.

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yawn
I don't think we've officially signed Bahamboula yet

Have now.:bounce2

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Cruising at 3-0. Think we got caught up in too many subs and let Albion into the game a bit. Offered very little in the last 35 minutes but can't complain. Tuesday's game will be a big one for this group

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

According to feed - Jackson Longridge comes on; concedes a free kick; Albion Rovers score.

Yep, subs def changed things for the worse, we were comfortable till Penrice went off. Still offered an attacking threat ourselves with Brandon looking decent replacing Devlin.  Bahamboula was opening them up on the left too, and Bruce should've added a 4th when right through on goals running onto a good ball, should've just chipped the keeper but brought it down and took it closer to have a shot, and missed a great chance.

Bitsindou and Fitzwater were comfortable playing the ball about at the back, no Ayo slip ups, and we have plenty options in attack with Nouble, Bahamboula, Mullin, Brandon, Devlin, Penrice, Anderson and Goncalves, but that was poor not defending a free kick and throw in for their goals. Still think the disruption bringing on Longridge for Penrice was the cause of our problems. I understand why Martindale made so many substitutions though, we were 3 zip up and he wanted to get as many players as he could having game time before the league starts. These cup games are like competitive pre season league games. But it almost cost us the 3 pts.

Sort ourselves out at the back and we'll be pretty much ready for the league starting, we're looking pretty good everywhere else. Not sure about Konovalov yet, he had little to do till those set plays leading to their goals, but handled pass backs and distributing the ball well enough, looked suspect for their first goal though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Aye, I always treat the group stage as an extension of pre-season. It’s good to get competitive minutes under the players belts and really not arsed about the results as even if we do get through we will be pumped in the next round anyway.

Au contraire mon brave.

Faint heart never fecked a pig.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Hopefully Ram is back soon, as that’s ICT missing 3CBs currently. Delaney looked nervous but was solid, with Deas marshalling the defence really well in one of his best CB performances. Harper had a few dodgy moments, missing interceptions that led to one-on-ones and Carson did his usual 7/10 no-frills shift.

Allardice was our best player today in my opinion. Strong tackles, quick transitions and running the show from the middle of the pitch. Roddy next to him looked dangerous every time he got the ball, which unfortunately wasn’t very often. I was impressed by Boyd who showed great energy and a decent touch. Doran was so-so in the ACM role, with one cracker of a shot that was hit early - unlike a couple of other chances where he’d been slow to shoot. Samuels started well but was really ineffectual for the majority of the game. I’ve yet to see him challenge for a header, so it’s pointless putting the ball in his direction when he has his back to goal. 

Mckay was very good today I thought. Won his fair share of arial battles, held the ball up well and played others into the game. Unlucky not to score with that header off the post.

Oakley immediately gave the Kelty defenders a harder time of it when he came on. I’d like to see him and Mckay play together in at least one of the other League Cup group games. 

Similar to Delaney, Shaw looked nervous but anytime the ball was at his feet he looked dangerous. He needs to bulk up a bit and I wonder how he’d cope when defending - hopefully will be more of a Jonny Hayes signing than Ben Greenhalgh.

Mackay didn’t touch the ball for about 10mins after coming on at LM. First touch was a shot over the bar and then showed some lightning pace to get past the RB a few times. He’ll be great when we are away from home, having to counter attack. 

Tidser, Forster, Barjonas and Agyeman had good games for Kelty. Higginbotham is still a moaning wee ned who ended up being a sole striker, due to the limited personnel. We likely wouldn’t have won if Austin and Cardle were fit, I imagine. 

Fed up of buses now, after my seventh and final one of the day is delayed. Cracking weather and a decent Indian buffet in Shimla Cowdenbeath though. 

Edited by RossP

53 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Disappointed with the loss in the end though livi were the better team

A hard group for us

Couldn't get much tougher with 2 teams winning promotion and another reaching the Premiership play off final, but at the start of the season teams aren't what they were last season, and always the chance one or 2 will be ring rusty. We sure as feck are with our defending and keepers. 

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Cheers for that. Embarrassingly, I decided on a tactical pee moments before the goal, thinking it would be going to penalties. Heard the cheer before I even reached the toilets. 

Just now, RossP said:

Cheers for that. Embarrassingly, I decided on a tactical pee moments before the goal, thinking it would be going to penalties. Heard the cheer before I even reached the toilets. 

I did that 3 times last season and missed us scoring 3 times.